EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WI, Lake Delton - 8/16/2012 to 8/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZNK

The North Trail here is right behind us. Great people! Yes, we need more :) Wish you guys could have at least stopped by this rally to hang out, but I understand you have a schedule to keep.

Did a fun project with your Dad today. Always fun helping buddies with projects. Heaven knows many of them have helped me with mine :)

Jim,

Can anyone even see the NT behind your beautiful rig?

Thanks for helping my Dad, I am sure your help allowed the project to be completed in one day. Typically his perfection and procrastination gets the best of him :p

jbeletti

Well, another great day at the rally.

Spent some time cleaning the inside of the RV today. Nancy had a Mary Kay open house - so had to get it spiffy :)

Spent some time helping another Heartlander with some TV issues.

Had lunch with Alf (Paul A). We watched a cat fly by the RV dragging its leash while we were eating at the picnic table. It got spooked and got loose. It was found fast and safe.

Port Huron Brewing came by at 3pm and gave us a primer on brewing and let us sample 3 different kinds of their brew.

25 of us saddled up and headed north to nearby Lyndon Station, WI to have take in a WI Fish Fry at Beagles. Nice time spent with friends.

Back at the campground, we had a campfire that was pretty well attended. 3 or 4 of us diehards finally left the pit around 10:45.

Big rally day tomorrow. First thing though, a group of us are heading to Denny's Diner at 9am for breakfast. This is not the chain, but a local establishment known for their cinnamon rolls. Hoping to leave room to try one :)

jbeletti

Dave (cookie) has a secret admirer. The campground office delivered a large gift bag to Dave at the campfire last night. He got a cheese fedora and cheese tie :)
photo (19).jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I spent the day at the rally site and had a great time. Suzi got loads of attention too. I was able to help Alf sample some of the Italian sausage he was preparing for the pot luck too. Yum!
Thanks for a great pot luck and a nice evening at the ski show. We're back in our sticks and vinyl after a short ride home.
What a great bunch of Heartlanders.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Lin & I spent the day at the rally site and had a great time. Suzi got loads of attention too. I was able to help Alf sample some of the Italian sausage he was preparing for the pot luck too. Yum!
Thanks for a great pot luck and a nice evening at the ski show. We're back in our sticks and vinyl after a short ride home.
What a great bunch of Heartlanders.

Glad you made the trek and we were able to meet you! Hoping to spend more time getting to know you and Lin in the future!

This was another outstanding event. Rosemary and I feel blessed to have met so many wonderful people and look forward to many more irrespective of where we are in this great country.
Bless you all (I am the Bishop and I can do that)and safe travels,
Bruce and Rosemary Bishop:)

jbeletti

My final update on the WI rally...

Saturday was great. 14 of us went to breakfast at Denny's Diner. Food was "ok", company was "great"!

Fawn Creek Winery came to the CG and put on a great Wine Tasting in the afternoon.

About 7:30 pm, 49 of us caravanned to town to see the night time Tony Bartlett Show. Wow - what a show. Got my $18 worth!

This morning, we got together for a continental breakfast under the pavilion. Many goodbyes and hugs.

Nancy and I left around 10:30, following Dan and Karen H (herbiesrig) up to their place in the U.P. of MI.

Great rally Tom and Gerry Weber!!!

Nancy and I will see those who are traveling onto the MI rally in Hopkins. We'll roll in mid-afternoon Wednesday.

jnbhobe

A big thank you to Tom and Gerry for a great rally, we had a wonderful time. And for letting us easterners join the Wisconsin rally group. We are in Mi now waiting for the rest of you.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tom and Gerry, I just wanted to give you guys a big thumbs up for your rally! You did a great job. Kelly and I sure enjoyed it. Thanks everyone for visiting with my mom, she really did enjoy herself.

GOTTOYS

Yipee! Made it home this afternoon after a couple of stops. Kath slept most of the way so I thought it would only be fair if I took a short nap on the way home at a rest stop. Perfect day for a nice drive. If you missed it this was the greatest Rally yet. Still have some of that delicious pickled balogna left for those of you that didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I'll be sure to bring it along to the next round-up. Thanks to everybody for a wonderful time! We made our reservations for next year before we left. Now we just need to get an extension on our MN to WI bridge permit so we can make another successful bridge crossing. Don and Kathy Swanson

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Yipee! Made it home this afternoon after a couple of stops. Kath slept most of the way so I thought it would only be fair if I took a short nap on the way home at a rest stop. Perfect day for a nice drive. If you missed it this was the greatest Rally yet. Still have some of that delicious pickled balogna left for those of you that didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I'll be sure to bring it along to the next round-up. Thanks to everybody for a wonderful time! We made our reservations for next year before we left. Now we just need to get an extension on our MN to WI bridge permit so we can make another successful bridge crossing. Don and Kathy Swanson

Was so good to meet you and Kathy! We really enjoyed our short time together but look forward to connecting again in the future!

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
:eek:I know that this is a little late, but I wanted to thank Tom and Gerry for putting on such a great rally and for making us feel so welcome despite our being from Missouri. We enjoyed every minute from the moment our welcome wagon couple showed up to our final good byes on Monday. Thank you so much.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.