EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WI, Lake Delton - 8/16/2012 to 8/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
New truck? Where have I been? Congrats. Looking forward to seeing hopefully you and Sue both. Sorry in advance to disappoint on the house coat and slipper :)

Thanks! No disappointment!:) as it will be great just to see you and all our other friends from WI, MN, etc! I will be flying in in Friday....can't wait to see everyone! Jim, please don't give Paul any bad ideas while I am not there. He gets a new idea evertime he sees you or should I say your toys.
Sue

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
New Truck.... is Big Red gone/has someone been holding out on us or did we miss something along the way! Looking forwarding to seeing great friends again and finding out what's up in WI and also at MN rally!

jbeletti

We have arrived! Got here mid-afternoon. Setup then hung out with those that were already here. Went to dinner at the Brat House with MikeM/spouse and Lou/Bette Dick. The brats were great! Tiny black bugs are a little nuts outside, so we're inside with the TV and laptop on this evening.

jbeletti

Guilty for holding Bernie and others up this morning - shootin' the bull. We missed every time though :)

Spent a couple hours with Lou Dick, toning out and marking his coax cables in his Road Warrior ahead of him connecting his Winegard Carryout Dish up to the coach.

jbeletti

Who wants to have a potluck breakfast tomorrow (Thursday)? I do!

Okay then - here we go!

Details:
Who: You if you're here by end of day Wednesday
What: Potluck Breakfast
When: Thursday morning at 9am
Where: Under the covered pavilion (green roof)
Signup: No need - just show up read to share at 9am

What is being provided:
- A covered shelter
- Picnic tables for seating and food setup

What should I bring:
- Your cooked and ready to serve potluck dish and serving utensil*
- Your table service (plates, napkins, flatware etc.)
- Your drinks (water, coffee, juice or whatever you like)

What ideas do you have for what we can bring for our potluck dish:
- Breakfast meat, i.e. sausage, bacon
- Cut up fruit, i.e. melons, berries
- Eggs, i.e. scrambled, casseroles
- Pancakes
- Waffles
- French toast
- Breads, i.e. toast, muffins
- Pastries
- Drinks, i.e. large pot of coffee, bottles of water, jugs of juice (cups too if you bring drinks as your potluck)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Oregon wishes you a happy rally! We just had a great one ourselves.

Be careful shooting those bulls. They make a big mess when you hit them and it doesn't smell very good either.;)

Kristy

PS I wish we were at a rally instead of sitting here without our RV while waiting for the new one to arrive.

jbeletti

Wish you were here too Kristy and Mark. And with your new unit! Oh well, I'll just have to make you my stuffed French Toast some other time :)

jbeletti

We, we had a great pre-rally potluck breakfast this morning. Most of the rally group did attend. We had a real nice variety of foods. Thanks everyone - it was great to get together.

Looking forward to the Meet and Greet / Potluck Snacks at 2pm today!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Stuffed French Toast! When are you coming west next? We found out today that our unit didn't even leave until last night! Some kind of miscommunication/noncommunication problem.

Have a good time guys!

Kristy

jbeletti

Had quite the rain storm last night. No awnings lost that I heard of.

The breakfast potluck was a success (mentioned in a previous post).

RVers hanging out with RVers today at the rally.

I helped Michael Barnett install 2 sets of double switches to move 4 lights switches out of the cabinet and onto the outside end of the cabinet. No more light switch roulette in the middle of the night for them :)

Helped Lou Dick with his new satellite receiver for a bit. He bought some RG-6 compression fittings so I replaced another 5 of so "iffy" ones on his coach.

We held the 2pm Meet and Greet snackfest today. Good eats. Tom had everyone introduce themselves. Great to see a lot of friends and make some new ones today. I had a chance to tell rally attendees a bit about how we have formalized the Central Region now and the Jay and Stella are the Regional Directors. Let everyone know that Jay hopes to host IA and IN rallies next year to get Heartlanders in those states back together and meeting again. Hopefully some chapter leaders will emerge from those rallies :)

Tom was able to arrange with Scenic RV, a nearby Heartland dealer to have 2 techs stop by for a half day. They helped Heartlanders out where they could.

Dinner on our own tonight. Considering an ice cream run. Maybe find a campfire? :)

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Greetings. As you can tell from Jim's comments the rally is off to a great start. It is great to have heartlanders from AL, MS, MO, MN, MI, PA, IA. IL,TN. Thank you for joining us in beautiful WI Dells. Tomorrow Nancy B, site 9, has scheduled a Mary Kay Open House scheduled from 12:30 - 2:30. Stop by to see the Mary Kay products and enjoy some refreshments. Scenic RV, one of our rally sponsors, has a new Elkridge RV open for viewing behind the store. Be sure to stop and take a look and this neat unit. Port Huron Brewery will be joining us at 3:00 for a beer tasting. Port Huron is a new micro brewer located in WI Dells. The evening meal is on your own, and look for a bonfire behind the store in the evening. There weather looks to be great so enjoy the day taking in the sites and sounds of the WI Dells area. Happy Friday to all.

ZNK

Sounds like you all are having a great time! Wish I were there to rally with my parents for the first time! Soon enough I am sure we will rally together. I sure do miss WI, will be soon though! Sounds like you need some more North Trail representation :)

jbeletti

Sounds like you all are having a great time! Wish I were there to rally with my parents for the first time! Soon enough I am sure we will rally together. I sure do miss WI, will be soon though! Sounds like you need some more North Trail representation :)

The North Trail here is right behind us. Great people! Yes, we need more :) Wish you guys could have at least stopped by this rally to hang out, but I understand you have a schedule to keep.

Did a fun project with your Dad today. Always fun helping buddies with projects. Heaven knows many of them have helped me with mine :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well the really its in full swing.
Although the pink does not show up early in the morning, the camera still works.

Peace
Dave
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345243556077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345243556077.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 43

ZNK

The North Trail here is right behind us. Great people! Yes, we need more :) Wish you guys could have at least stopped by this rally to hang out, but I understand you have a schedule to keep.

Did a fun project with your Dad today. Always fun helping buddies with projects. Heaven knows many of them have helped me with mine :)

I seriously considered stopping by. Unfortunately I couldn't fit in a 2 hour trip in the wrong direction :(

Status
Not open for further replies.