EVENT: Heartland Owners Meet-n-Greet: CO, Fort Collins - 3/26/2016 to 3/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Three days and counting till this M&G. Today is...well, springtime in the Rockies:rolleyes: 45-55 mph sustained winds, DIA shut down for now, needless to say we have horizontal snow with 10-18 inches expected in the Denver-metro area by the end of it tonight. I'm hoping I can get out the door to shovel...drifts are really piling up at the front & back doors!!!
The front coming in late Friday and into Saturday may bring more moisture...so far they are saying daytime highs in the low 40s.
Again, may have to decide Saturday morning whether or not Don & I will be heading to Ft Collins. It's about 80 miles for us...Gregg & Linda even farther!
Stay Safe
:)

gwalter

We can't see across the street here. Will just have to play it by ear for Saturday.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We couldn't see out any of our windows this morning, caked with ice and snow. It has calmed down now, just a bit breezy. Interstate is wet but clear and we have about 6 inches of white water on the neighborhood streets. Everything is melting already. We lost power for 3 hours so I did get to take the wife out for lunch. We were the only 2 in our favorite sports bar.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We got 18 inches here in Thornton . . .

ProwlerSnow-IMAG0235.jpg

This is around 4:00 pm after I got home and was shoveling out . . . glad I put the slides in Tuesday night!

Here is my truck at work Wednesday in Lone Tree:

TruckSnow-IMAG0234.jpg

We closed early (1:30 pm) and this is what I found when we were leaving!

Cathy is planning on coming to the M&G Saturday . . . I have to work so can't make this one!

gwalter

It is still on for those that want to try and make it. We are going to wait until 9:30 to see how the roads look. We had another 5" of snow last night but no wind this time. In looking at the CDOT cameras I-25 is mostly wet from Castle Rock on.

JohnD

I'm getting ready to leave for work in Lone Tree (across the street from the Park Meadows Mall).

I'll give a road report around 9 or so.

Here in Thornton we have maybe an inch of snow from last night.

brianlajoie

Hi Gregg and Linda,
Since the weather doesn't look too bad, we would like to come to the M&G. Is that OK?
Brian and Jan Lajoie

StarryNight

Don and I have watching news & CDOT cameras. They seem to be keeping the roads pretty clear.
It's actually starting to let up here at the house...no snow right now, high cloud cover...plus we really didn't get too much snow here, maybe an inch or two.
We will start heading to Ft Collins around 11 to give us some extra time...see you all soon :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brian,
That would be great! There were always a few "extra" people at the past M&Gs :)
Don did want to talk with you about the wheel packing thing :)
Drive safe and see you both soon :)

JohnD

Roads were just wet when I drove from Thornton to County Line Road this morning.

Should be safe . . .

StarryNight

What a fun time today! The drive wasn't bad at all...going or coming home :)
Met new members Jackie/Vickie & Andrea/Wendall. Haven't seen Lou/Marilyn in a couple years, it was good seeing them again!!
Was so surprised to see Steve/Susan...thought the snow might have kept them home...glad to hear they will be @ Camp Hale in July:)
Cathy & I were able to chat about the Poker Run @ Buena Vista Rally...that's going to be a blast!:cool:
Finding out what other's have planned for this year's camping season....such fun.
Everyone had a great time, food was good, venue was nice :)
CAN"T WAIT 'TILL MAY'S RALLY IN BUENA VISTA!!!!

Don & Monica

gwalter

A big thank you to all who attended the M & G today. We had 19 members, including 4 new ones. It was great to get together with old friends and make new ones. We had a great time eating and visiting and catching up on past and future camping opportunities.

We still have room for more to sign up for the Buena Vista Rally in May and as of Thursday Mountaindale still had a couple of sites available for the Sept. Rally in Colorado Springs.

Gregg & Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.