EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: AB, Hinton - 6/16/2016 to 6/19/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Let's give a big welcome to Brian & Beverley Gauntlett who will be joining us at the rally!

This will be their first rally and let show them how much fun these are.

rfournelle

Group event for Jasper Skytram has been updated in Post #1 (identified in red font).

rfournelle

We have Joe Nicholson & Lisa MacKay registered for the rally.

Christine & I are looking forward to meeting both of you.

rfournelle

Let's welcome Herb & Mary Greulich who will be joining us at the rally.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

rfournelle

Our Canada-West rally is only 8 weeks away! We are looking forward to travelling to Alberta and meeting our fellow Heartland RV Club members.

With the rally date approaching, we would like to get an idea of those interested in the following:

• JASPER SKYTRAM @ 12:00 NOON (Admission subsidized by the Heartland Owners Club in the amount of $10.00/person) Member Cost: $33.56 - $10.00 ($23.56)/person.
Date: Friday, June 17[SUP]th[/SUP] (# of tickets required)

• EARLY ARRIVALS DINNER @ JASPER BREWING COMPANY PUB & EATERY.
Date: Wednesday, June 15[SUP]th [/SUP](Plan to attend / # of individuals)

• Afternoon of GOLF at the Hinton Golf Club. Date: Saturday, June 18[SUP]th[/SUP]

• Potluck Dinner – What are you bringing?!

For those who have registered, please get back to us with your information.

For those who have not yet registered, consider attending our Canada-West Rally in Jasper, Alberta! Once you register, let us know if would like to attend any of the events noted above.

we may be able to come. We have just sold up and will be in our 5th wheel for several months while we hunt for a house. Can you please direct me to the registration page. Thank you
Carole

rfournelle

we may be able to come. We have just sold up and will be in our 5th wheel for several months while we hunt for a house. Can you please direct me to the registration page. Thank you
Carole

Hi Carole,

The registration instructions are included in post #1 of this thread.

You should know, however, that while non-club members can attend chapter rallies at a nominal cost of $20/rig, Regional rallies are substantially subsidized by Heartland and as such, only club members can participate in them.

You can join the club using this link: https://heartlandowners.org/vbMemberManager.php

Benefits for joining the club can be found at this link: https://heartlandowners.org/club/membership-benefits/

The cost for joining the club is minimal considering the benefits, especially being able to attend any of Heartland Owners club rallies for free.

Hopefully, we can meet you at the Canada West regional rally in Hinton/Jasper.

Regards, Bob

Jackson2

Jack and Sharen would like to be included for dinner at Jasper Brewing Co. and also the Jasper Skytram .. Thank You and see everybody in a few weeks!!

Thank you, we are looking into the benefits of joining the club. We still may make it toHinton. Nice cg, we have stayed there .

rfournelle

Hi everyone,

There is still time to sign up for the Canada-West Region Rally in Jasper, Alberta June 16th – 19th. We currently have 12 registered and are reaching out to you to consider joining us if your schedule permits. We are looking for at least 3 more attendees to reach a threshold of 15 by June 1st. Please reach out to your fellow members and encourage them to attend.

As of May 22nd, we have the following:

• 10 confirmed for the Early Arrivals Dinner @ Jasper Brewing Company

• 11 confirmed for the Jasper SkyTram.

For this event, we need a minimum of 15 individuals to qualify for the discounted rate ($31.96). The regular rate is $39.95. Both are plus 5% GST.
And remember, the HOC is subsidizing this event by $10/person.

• 3 (maybe 4) are interested in Golf. The Hinton Golf & Country Club spectacular course lies in the heavily forested foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Its fairways meander over rolling hills and through tall spruce trees. The modest length of the forward tees at 5082 yards accommodates the recreational player while stretching up to 6500 yards at the back tees provides even the best players with a challenging, scenic round of golf. The club was formed in 1962, opening with nine holes, and expanding to eighteen holes in 1993.

The course is located 4 km (2 miles from the Campground)

GREEN FEES (GST is not included)

Adult - 9 holes $36.19
Adult - 18 holes $57.14
Senior- 65+ - 18 holes $52.38

Carts are $25 ($12.50/person) for 9 holes and $40 ($20/person). These prices include GST.

If you have registered but have not provided your interest in dinner/SkyTram/golf. Please let us know as soon as possible.

For those registering now, please send us an email to confirm and to indicate your interest in the above.

Hello. I am so sorry but Herb and I will not be able to attend this Rally due to health reasons. I have already cancelled the reservations for KOA. Sad to miss this one but hope to attend another one in the near future.
herb and Mary

rfournelle

Hello. I am so sorry but Herb and I will not be able to attend this Rally due to health reasons. I have already cancelled the reservations for KOA. Sad to miss this one but hope to attend another one in the near future.
herb and Mary

Sorry to hear Mary & Herb. Get well soon.

rfournelle

Christine & I are in Edmonton having visited with Christine's relative the last couple of days.

We’ll be heading to Hinton tomorrow morning. We’ll probably be arriving around noon. We’ll be busy making the final arrangements with our suppliers in the afternoon. Then we will be heading to the early arrivals dinner. I believe we have five couples who will be attending. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

rfournelle

Hi everyone!

We have just completed our first Canada Region rally in Hinton/ Jasper AB :D. What a beautiful part of Canada this is.

Arrived in Ottawa safe and sound yesterday afternoon.

We would like to thank everyone who attended our first Canada-West Heartland Owners Club rally! It was a sincere pleasure meeting all of you and we hope you enjoyed yourselves. Although the weather was not perfect, it certainly did not stop us from enjoying the campground and the local attractions especially the SkyTram. It was a picture-perfect day with incredible views!

Our thanks to all the cooks who provided such delicious munchies at our Campetizer Night and the Potluck!

Here are some photos taken by us during the rally. Enjoy!

https://heartlandowners.org/album.php?albumid=648

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Thank you Bob and Christine for all their hard work and planning to make the Rally a success. Can't wait for the next one. Once word spreads perhaps the next one will have a few more rigs. Doug

McTaggart

Yes, Thank you Bob and Christine for planning this Rally. Lee-Ann and I enjoyed being there and meeting new friends. We are looking forward to the next Rally, especially now that our fridge is repaired. Very happy we could make it to the Rally especially since the province of S has had thunderstorm go through and start 20 plus fires today. Malcolm

Status
Not open for further replies.