EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: DE, Millsboro - 5/16/2018 to 5/20/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
BEWARE!!! I have had an ongoing issue with the staff regarding pricing for our weeks stay for the rally.
Back story...
Initial reservation made at $55/night but because we want to stay a week I requested the weekly rate vs the rally rate. Received a confirmation 5/27 for a reduced rate after discussion with a resort representative. All is good.
Current time...
Two weeks ago a receive another confirmation for $15 more than the $55 rally rate! After many attempts to make contact, phone/email, the correction is supposedly on its way. This morning I receive the “corrected” confirmation, it’s $10 higher than the 5/27 original!
On the phone again!!! The explanation was “we forgot to include the resort fee”. Too ******* bad! 7 months after they’ve agreed on a rate and produced a hard copy confirmation, they want to renege!!
I spent many years quoting pricing and if I screwed up, well the customer rarely paid for my mistake. Ticked me off!!
We’re still planning to attend but it’ll be 2 visits in one, our first and our last.
Check your confirmation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Lyle, I apologize for your inconvenience. I’m just getting back into town and have left a message for the campground to call me tomorrow. I will see about a credit on the $10 resort fee issue.

travelin2

Lyle, I apologize for your inconvenience. I’m just getting back into town and have left a message for the campground to call me tomorrow. I will see about a credit on the $10 resort fee issue.

Don’t bother. It’s handled

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I just spoke with Massey Landing and they quoted me $55/night for rally discount (which matches my confirmation) and there is no longer a dog breed restriction which made Sammy extremely happy!

travelin2

I just spoke with Massey Landing and they quoted me $55/night for rally discount (which matches my confirmation) and there is no longer a dog breed restriction which made Sammy extremely happy!

$55/night is correct if you’re staying less than a week (7 nights). The issue was with their reneging on the previous confirmation of a weekly negotiated in May.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired

I totally dislike breed restrictions! Sammy is a sweetheart and wouldn’t hurt anyone. Some of the nastiest dogs are not the so-called restricted breeds. I saw a collie go after a small dog at a campground two years ago. It’s usually an owner problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWalker

I totally dislike breed restrictions! Sammy is a sweetheart and wouldn’t hurt anyone. Some of the nastiest dogs are not the so-called restricted breeds. I saw a collie go after a small dog at a campground two years ago. It’s usually an owner problem.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was really surprised to learn how many breeds some campgrounds put on the restricted list. I was told by some of our New York friends, that Saint Bernards sometimes make the list. I can’t imagine those slobbering furry things being aggressive. But like you said, maybe owners have a lot to do with it.

I would imagine that town/city ordinances and pressure from insurance companies may cause a lot of campgrounds to implement a breed restriction. I hope most follow Masseys Landing and do away with it.

porthole

Retired

Ask for the Military / LEO/ Fire 20% discount

- - - Updated - - -

$55/night is correct if you’re staying less than a week (7 nights). The issue was with their reneging on the previous confirmation of a weekly negotiated in May.

What was the weekly rate?

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Ask for the Military / LEO/ Fire 20% discount

- - - Updated - - -

What was the weekly rate?

I did ask they do not give since we are already receiving a discount

- - - Updated - - -

I was really surprised to learn how many breeds some campgrounds put on the restricted list. I was told by some of our New York friends, that Saint Bernards sometimes make the list. I can’t imagine those slobbering furry things being aggressive. But like you said, maybe owners have a lot to do with it.

I would imagine that town/city ordinances and pressure from insurance companies may cause a lot of campgrounds to implement a breed restriction. I hope most follow Masseys Landing and do away with it.

Yes it is controlled by insurance companies we have to Have an umbrella policy for Our house or they wouldn’t give us a home owner insurance
Yet when I was a kid I lost 1/2 my earlobe to a black lab so yes itIs completely on the owners and how they are raised any dog can be aggressive if not
raised righr

JWalker

Just an update. Anyone that might be bringing children to the rally, please let me know. If you can let me know the ages, that would be appreciated. The resort is going to cater different kids activities on different days and I want to make sure we have these activities included in the agenda.

Come on spring!!

Bones

For me there is still no guarantee I will be able to attend but by the time this happens one will be 8 and the other 6.5

JWalker

For me there is still no guarantee I will be able to attend but by the time this happens one will be 8 and the other 6.5

Thanks Dave. There are a few different choices they are offering. Will make sure the girls are taken care of if you can make it.

OEFVET

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope I get back in time to make the rally
8df5d58ae0564d57e1f780502f382b70.jpg

Petra Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.