EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 5/17/2013 to 5/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Duane you are so welcome. We thank you and Debbie for allowing us to choose our "Give Back" as one with close ties to "one of our own"! If you feel any items need to be added to page one let me know and I will make the attachment there.

Duane and Debbie will be coordinating this effort and we appreciate their willingness to take control.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Duane & Debbie I never met Misty but knowing the way you are with Molly & Regis she was a lucky dog too! I am so excited to be able to donate to such a great cause. Hanna & Samson are happy too!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Are the Walking Tour and the Basement Tour handicap friendly? I am not able to do steep steps or walk long distances without assistance.

According to the Farnsworth House there are only 4 actual steps. They are not steep and the stairs are wide with a stone surface.

Hope this helps you Tony.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If you haven't replied to your shirt size email please post your sizes so we can be ready to submit our order.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Last year at the Northeast Region Rally we had such a great time embarrassing ourselves with our Heartland "Gangsta Band" performance of Yakety Yak. I have been trying to come up with something that would top that act! Not an easy task but here it is!

This year in Gettysburg our Heartland "Fishing Tackle Choir" backed up by the Heartland "Kazoo Band" will perform their rendition of the Garth Brooks hit Friends In Low Places.

Many of you know about my love of music and and every rally needs something to laugh at and remember. This will be it for 2013!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Please note that a poll has been added to the top this thread. We would like rally attendees only to vote please. If we have enough interest we may be able to make this offering. We will not persue this if the overall interest isn't there.

Bighorn55

Debbie
This sounds like something I would do.
What would the fee be? Would they weigh on one day or arrival and departure or over the whole weekend?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Steve there are a few that provide this service and we are really in the infancy stages here. From what I have found out so far we would be talking $50-70.

TXTiger

I have owned my Cyclone less than a year and have never had it weighed. Last year at the national rally in Gillette a company was there to weigh your rig, but I did not not have mine weighed. Not sure if there will be one this year at Goshen? If so with 300 rigs it may be quite a project. Would love to be able to weigh my rig at Gettysburg for a modest fee and avoid the crowds at Goshen.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Tony,

RV SEF is usually present at the North American Rally in Goshen and there will most likely be an offering this year too. We weighed ours upon checkout at the last Goshen Rally and it really wasn't too bad.

It's always good to know you are traveling as safely as possible out there. We'll see how the poll goes and if we can locate a company available and in the area during the rally.

porthole

Retired
Since you made it a poll Deb......... my 2 cents

There are ten CAT scales within 40 miles of G-burg.
http://catscale.com/cat-scale-locator?postalcode=&city=gettysburg&state=PA&miles=9&cmdSearch=Search

About $10 for a weigh and a dollar for a re-weigh without the trailer.

Granted you are not going to get individual wheel weights, but you will have 90% of the info you need.

My concern with the portable scales is after seeing them get thrown around, literally, at Goshen, I would have no faith in the accuracy.
CAT scales are certified.

Have any of the RV weigh companies offered scale certifications? I would be curious as to how often the portable units are calibrated.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
All very good points Duane and believe me I have heard them from John before.

We usually hit the CAT Scale too. Only real reason we weighed at Goshen was that it was right after the accident and we had structural changes as a result of the repairs. We have weighed at CAT Scales several times and it is much less costly.

We always thought having a "certified" weight ticket would also help if our truck warranty was in question or if we were pulled over for any reason.

It's our proactive approach to avoiding BS! Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.

As far as the rally....If the attendees want it I will do whatever I can to get it.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
99 days to go! But who's counting....

98 days 21 hours 19 minutes and 47 seconds...... but no I'm not counting LOL. ED

You guys are too funny!

Steve, Mary and everyone in New England please be safe as this storm moves into your area. We saw the news reports from your Govenor yesterday and want you to know we will be thinking about all you guys up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.