Exhaust brakes

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
In reviewing this thread it reminded me that I have a follow up to my remarks regarding warranty. Here in Canada we do not have the same protection by law than the Americans. Chrysler found out I had it on thru a dealership and have since voided my warranty on the transmission..../Doug

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Doug
That is not good news. I live in Ontario and just this week put on a BD exhaust brake. I still have 90,000 KM left on my 160,000 KM warranty. My transmission 48re had the torque loc on it from the factory did yours?
It works good though going into service center on the 401 I never touched the brake pedal till the last second to stop.
Keep us posted.
Regards
Wayne

Re: exhaust brakes

Silverhawk,

I believe that you can. If you go to Pac Brakes website they have all the details.
You will notice that they even sell the airbags now. And I think they have an option for inside controls for the airbag adjustment. They also have a section just for compressors.
What might be different is the size of the storage tank that you need. I noticed that they come in different sizes.
Give they guys at Pac Brake a call. I have talked to them before and they are very helpful.