Experince with Sansui electronics

Olga

Just a heads up to all with the Sansui Brand TV sytem. I recentlly purchased a 2014 Gateway 32RS for all its problems my wife and I really like the unit despite the issues. THe Tv that came with our unit is the 39 inch Sansui LED the tv had less than 10 hours use on it and it went out. I notified Sansui direct as this is what the Sansui TV owners booklet said to do. I spoke with there customer service and per thier request dropped my TV off at a local repair shop. 2 weeks went by I called shop who told me the power board went out and they are waiting for part to be shipped from Sansui.

I called Sansui and was told the part was coming from Japan and it was held up in the Ports and they had no idea how long it would take to get shipped out to repair shop. Third week goes by and I called the Heartland Customer Service who told me I should've called them first so I could have sent the TV to them and they could've sent me a new TV. Well now Im going on over a month of Sansui playing games giving me excuses that they cant find my model tv in there warehouse and that once they find a tv it'll take them 2 weeks to ship it to me.

Extremly frustrated I went to Yahoo and Amazon and looked at Sansui reviews I must say I wasn't surprised at what I read about sansui and the low rating it recieved I'm not sure if it is too late to ask Heartland for help in this matter. The TV is still under Factory warranty and now I'm goin on 6 weeks without one.

Kbvols

Call Heartland Customer service. Mine went out and they contacted their supplier and they replaced my tv. Their supplier in located in South Bend so it does not take long.

Olga

I'm dealing with the Supplier out of Indiana also. They said since my TV is a 2012 model (even though my gateway is 2014 model) they are having a difficult time locating a TV and can take up to if not more than 2 weeks to get new one out. Keep in mind my I've been with out this TV for over a month now by the time I get it it will be clear into August Dropped TV off at repair shop June 27. How long did it take to get you your new TV ?

Mizmary

Our TV went out in our camper less than 2 months after taking delivery. We called Heartland and we had a new TV shipped by Heartland. It took time to get the TV safely shipped back to Heartland - (they had to have the old TV before they could ship a new one), and to get a new TV shipped safely back to the dealer. We did not have to haul the Camper - we just hauled the Television. We didn't self-ship, because had something happened to the TV in shipment to Heartland rendering it broken, we would have been liable and out the TV. Heartland would have issued us a check for the cost of the TV had we sent it ourselves. Had we gone that route, we could have purchased whatever brand suited our fancy. We just don't trust UPS, FedEx or USPS to safely get the TV back to heartland. Our TV even got upgraded - we went from an LCD to an LED....

Just saying - don't deal with the off-shore supplier yourself. Let Heartland deal with it for you if you are within your RV warranty. After that, then it's a different story..

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just go to Costco or Walmart and get a Vizio . . .

All four of our flat screens are Vizio (2 in the house, 2 in the camper), and they all work great!

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

Just about everyone I know has had to get rid of the over-priced junk TV's that they got in their RV's and just get their own to replace them with.

Also, get the LED's instead of the LCD's . . . they are much lighter!

rainmakeroc

Purchased a 3110 Model Cyclone 2014, have the same TV as you have with the same problem. Am now working with Heartland Customer service for the replacement TV.

Olga

Sorry for the delayed response. I finally received my TV back from Sansu back in August so far so good (very difficult company to deal with) I had to file a complaint *** but I finally got one back.

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTTOYS

They were obviously the low bidder. Sansui is always priced at the bottom of the heap around here. I would just give it a toss into the recycling bin and buy a quality set. This won't be the last time it conks out on you...Don

Olga

Trust me we will toss it once it goes out again but it was under warranty even though Sansui fought me on it once they got the BBB report they quickly sent a new tv and response to the BBB. I will never go with them again. We will get a nice one from Costco next go around.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Trust me we will toss it once it goes out again but it was under warranty even though Sansui fought me on it once they got the BBB report they quickly sent a new tv and response to the BBB. I will never go with them again. We will get a nice one from Costco next go around.

Get a Vizio . . .

We have two in the house (bought from Costco - one is five years old) and two in the trailer (bought at Walmart) and have not had one single problem with them.

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

I bought a Sansui LED TV a couple of years ago to use as a computer monitor, but it wouldn't recognize either of my Windows 7 computers, so returned it for an LED computer monitor.