Exterior Sidewall De Lamination

Donszarko

I recently noticed small pouches of delamination along the roof moulding and rear vertical moulding on the rear sidewall of my 2013 Big Country 5th.

In 30 years of RVing and numerous RVs with vinyl laminated walls de lamination has never occurred.

Given the unit is only 4 years old this seems very strange.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has some experience or knowledge of this issue.

Also how does one go about repairing de lamination? I would like to temediate this before it gets worse.

Don

SBHOLMAN

Don,
I have owned a 2008 Sundance and now a 2014 Bighorn Silverado and both of them had delamination after 3 years. I try to pay close attention to the roof and inspect Dicor areas for cracks as well as caulk around windows and moldings so it’s not due to neglect. I have had staples trying to protrude through the roof and grey tank fittings come undone in the underbelly. I could ho on an on over numerous problems I’ve had with Heartland products. I know all of the manufacturers have some issues but these issues are not minor. I think it is poor workmanship and quality. There is no way a 3 or 4 year old RV should be having these type of issues. I basically have a 4 yr old camper that I paid over 40K for that is not fit to sell. By the time you see the delamination it is usually too late. I have friends that have Keystone and Forest River RV’d That are older than mine with no issues and they do very little preventive maintenance. Frustrating. Good luck on tying to correct your problem.

Donszarko

Don,
I have owned a 2008 Sundance and now a 2014 Bighorn Silverado and both of them had delamination after 3 years. I try to pay close attention to the roof and inspect Dicor areas for cracks as well as caulk around windows and moldings so it’s not due to neglect. I have had staples trying to protrude through the roof and grey tank fittings come undone in the underbelly. I could ho on an on over numerous problems I’ve had with Heartland products. I know all of the manufacturers have some issues but these issues are not minor. I think it is poor workmanship and quality. There is no way a 3 or 4 year old RV should be having these type of issues. I basically have a 4 yr old camper that I paid over 40K for that is not fit to sell. By the time you see the delamination it is usually too late. I have friends that have Keystone and Forest River RV’d That are older than mine with no issues and they do very little preventive maintenance. Frustrating. Good luck on tying to correct your problem.

Appreciate you sharing your experience. I have come to a similar conclusion and will be selling or trading it off while the delamination is minor. Likely will take a loss but at least it won't be a write-off.

ksmith555

Thanks for posting the links about delam and the repair link.

Has anyone on here attempted to use this repair system?