F350 Heated seats aftermarket

Jwill18

Just ordered and received a 2017 F350 Super Duty (Laramie trim w/ leather). I made a mistake and did not order the package with heated seats. I've called a couple of Ford dealers and asked about adding the factory heated seats. None of the dealers seem eager to do the work. My question is has anyone run into something similar? If so, what did you do? I've started looking at some aftermarket options but was curious to hear from others.

Thx.
JW

shelsay

When we ordered our previous F450, the salesman made a mistake and did not order the package we wanted with the heated seats. When we went to pick it up, he owned up to his mistake and said it was a simple process to add them and the dealer would do so at no cost to us. According to him, they were just pads that went under the seat covers. Now, this was 2010. Things may have changed since then, but you might check further with the dealer.

Pat

Jwill18

Thanks. Either it's more complicated now or the dealers around don't need the work. I'm gonna call a couple more today. I'd like it to be factory instead of aftermarket.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MP_CS

I'm guessing a 2010 would've been a "hard" switched heater and your new 2017 is integrated into the Sync 3 system so maybe thats the issue. Just a thought though.