F350 vs F450

Grdsman

Ted

You can tell if your exhaust brake is working by looking at your Turbo PSI while going downhill. When it is working, you will see the PSI read about 4 PSI. As you know, when going downhill with your foot off the gas, you would normally read 0 PSI. The 4 PSI that you are seeing is actually back pressure.

beasleyrl

Scottyb - didn't mean to scare you off with the insurance. The 450 is a great truck and as Duane indicates with the 3 benefits, there are advantages. I love this truck when I'm pulling my Cyclone. The brakes alone are a huge benefit! I can't tell you how much better they feel than the Silverado 3500 I had not to mention I'm not red lining the transmission every time I go up a hill.

As for the insurance, my fix was to pair the trailer and the truck together with the same company. Poliseek had my trailer policy (Progressive policy). When I called them, the gave me a policy on the truck for less than $500 per year. It's gone up a little over the last couple of years but I just checked and it is about $650 this year. Like I said earlier, they classified the truck as a "motor home" and the policy is written by Progressive. This works for me because the truck sits most of the time when I'm not pulling the rig.

Good luck!