Factory Repairs Reply

thomasinnv

most manufacturers, save just a few, have a clause for "full timing" in their manuals. however, Heartland generally looks the other way and takes care of issues anyway. I have not heard of Heartland refusing a warranty item because of a unit being used for full timing. I have heard of other manufacturers doing so though.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
why doesn't heartland just do the right thing? and that is take this unit back and give the owner a new one I gotta say Im pretty disapointed in the way heartland has handled this one. I had my brother in law talked into buying a new bighorn in March of 2010 after he read all this he said no way in h---

Re the fulltiming issue.
I actually went to the factory on a tour - twice - before placing the order for the BC and spoke to 2 of their factory sales managers - one was Ryan and I think the other one was Don?? though can't be sure now.

in both instances I asked was this RV suitable for fulltiming and was told "yes definately it was suitable". As there was no indication on the web or brochures to indicate either way - I took their word for it - after all they worked for Heartland and were the public face of the company. I explained our situation - that we would be living in it and had not other home.

Both times I was told yes - in fact assured Yes.

When I spoke to Chris DeLapaz in service regarding this when they first wanted to take it for 1 week to rebuild the kitchen that was damaged with all the leaks under the sink (see pictures) he told me that both those guys had been put off with the cuts at Heartland and that I should have read the manual.

Trouble is that you do not receive the manual until after you have purchased and paid your money. I personally think that this is an area that needs to be cleaned up in the industry. I do not think it is right to be mislead.

It is one thing for a dealer to tell you information that is not correct - but heartland tour guides that are showing the RV's to the public and dealers.... think that it needs to be in black on white on the website and not just heartland - every brand should be upfront with there limitation on warranty issues.

anyway - for what it is worth - this is my take on this topic.
all the best, Le

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Being "suitable", or in my interpretation of that statement...capable...does not equal warranted as a fulltime unit. That information was readily available on the website prior to purchase...JMHO...

lwmcguir

Moving into the true full time coaches requires either a shorter unit or if you stay with the longer units then a heavier TV. You will easily go to 18k and up to get the heaver finishes and 15 inch or so frame along with the 17.5 wheels and so on. I think Heartland is trying to balance the Coach with the typical 3/4 or 1 ton TV that most of us have. The full time finish could be added as an option is demand warranted it.

jbeletti

...Trouble is that you do not receive the manual until after you have purchased and paid your money. I personally think that this is an area that needs to be cleaned up in the industry. I do not think it is right to be mislead.

It is one thing for a dealer to tell you information that is not correct - but heartland tour guides that are showing the RV's to the public and dealers.... think that it needs to be in black on white on the website and not just heartland - every brand should be upfront with there limitation on warranty issues....

Le,

The Owners Manuals are in fact available for downloading on Heartland RVs website. They are listed under the Customer Service tab. Here's a link: http://heartlandrvs.com/owner_manuals.html#

Jim

2010augusta

The "prolonged occupancy" clause states that the interior finishes may wear more quickly and you may have moisture and condensation issues, unless steps are taken to mitigate this and ventilate the trailer. The complete owner's manual is on the web site under the customer service tab. I did not read anywhere that Heartland would cut the trailer warranty short if you full-time, it simply will not cover the extra wear caused by constant use of the trailer. Seems fair to me. Here is a link to the online manual. I read the whole thing months before even ordering a trailer.
Hl%20manual.JPG

note.JPG

Delaine and Lindy

Upkeep.............

When you think about it that sounds like that notice could be in a stick house also. Its all about how things are maintained, its just that RV's take a lot of maintenance and upkeep. And there will always be things that happen, thats just the way it is. GBY...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When you think about it that sounds like that notice could be in a stick house also. Its all about how things are maintained, its just that RV's take a lot of maintenance and upkeep. And there will always be things that happen, thats just the way it is. GBY...

Yep, and after moving into that "dream" stick house, you start to find evidence that the sub-contractors were either lazy, stupid, or just plain intoxicated. Or all of the above. If you're lucky, the problems arise while the new home warranty is still in effect (and the general contractor is still around), if not, have a healthy checkbook or be fluent in DIY.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep, and after moving into that "dream" stick house, you start to find evidence that the sub-contractors were either lazy, stupid, or just plain intoxicated. Or all of the above. If you're lucky, the problems arise while the new home warranty is still in effect (and the general contractor is still around), if not, have a healthy checkbook or be fluent in DIY.

That's the truth...bought a model home years ago, absolutely beautiful! Moved in, had the W/D installed, went downs stairs put the first load in. Went back up to kitchen, directly above laundry area in lower level, hear the machine go into spin...and then realize...something sounds funny about the water!! Ran downstairs, water shooting up out of the drain pipe that the washer hose was in...discovered some idiot put the check valve in the drain pipe BACKWARDS! See...it's not just RV's...:D