Fastest route between Oregon and Vegas

8amps

Hi HOC,
Know many of you are in Vegas for National Rally. We were in Pacific City, now in Salem headed for Vegas. Sadly, not for rally but Phil's dad is in the hospital. So we want the quickest, easiest way, no sight seeing :(
Wondering whether to go 5 south to 99 to 15 through California or east through Bend and eventually picking up 95 in Winnemucca south to Vegas. It's 150 miles shorter this way but Phil was thinking interstate might be easier/faster. Anyone know? Thanks, input always appreciated.

MTPockets

Hi HOC,
Know many of you are in Vegas for National Rally. We were in Pacific City, now in Salem headed for Vegas. Sadly, not for rally but Phil's dad is in the hospital. So we want the quickest, easiest way, no sight seeing :(
Wondering whether to go 5 south to 99 to 15 through California or east through Bend and eventually picking up 95 in Winnemucca south to Vegas. It's 150 miles shorter this way but Phil was thinking interstate might be easier/faster. Anyone know? Thanks, input always appreciated.
Never did that exact route, but Google maps show the fastest route thru Winnemucca. We hope Phils dad is OK...

Crumgater

Bend to Burns on Hwy 20 might be more "scenic" with curves, hills and all 2-lane. I think I'd opt for the Freeway.

Plus, E. OR can be pretty "empty"... with no phone service... if you want to stay in contact with people, definitely Freeway.

Sending healing thoughts to Phil's Dad, and fast thoughts to you for a safe journey.

MTPockets

Again, Google Maps shows the fastest route by over 1 hr 15 min. From Salem route 22 to 20 to 78 to 95 to I-80 at Winnemucca to 305 to 50 to 376 to 95 to Vegas..

8amps

Hi all,
We came south on interstate 5 from Salem. We are stopping for the night in Mt Shasta, don't want to take that pass in the dark.
We are debating cutting over 89 to Susanville then 395 to Sparks/Reno connecting somehow to 95 south to Vegas.
Or we can stay on interstate 5 to 99 (at some point, not sure where) thru Bakersfield, to 58 & Tehachapi, Barstow, then Vegas. Unfortunately that does add time to the drive, but is a well traveled route we've done before. Never done 95 through Nevada. And we've had a few travel issues lately and being stranded was a concern.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

8amps

fd389ba3ad624a8c9d593ef06731d100.jpg

PS
This is Mt Shasta from I-5.

SNOKING

I-5, 99 to Bakersfield and 58 then 15 East would be the easiest for the driver. 160 miles longer, however might get you there in the same number of driving hours. We did Las Vegas to Reno to Mount Shasta two years ago. It is not the quickest route with a trailer.

439 miles to Sun & Fun RV in Tulare, Ca, (559)686-5779 from your location and 345 miles from there to Las Vegas. Chris

8amps

I-5, 99 to Bakersfield and 58 then 15 East would be the easiest for the driver. 160 miles longer, however might get you there in the same number of driving hours. We did Las Vegas to Reno to Mount Shasta two years ago. It is not the quickest route with a trailer.

439 miles to Sun & Fun RV in Tulare, Ca, (559)686-5779 from your location and 345 miles from there to Las Vegas. Chris
Thanks Chris. We're going to do this route. We spent the night in Weed (thanks Gaffer for the recommendation) at the Friendly RV park. We didn't want to take that pass between Mt Shasta & Redding in the dark, though now we're on it, we probably could have. But when you don't know, better safe than sorry. We will shoot for Bakersfield tonight, or perhaps even Tehachapi. We'll see how the day goes.

View from our campsite.
9a02432711bbc1262a54faede8d3e11e.jpg

8amps

Hey all, thanks so much for everyone's help. We made it to Las Vegas and we even were able to get a spot at the Oasis with the rally. We're in site 191. Thanks Jim Beletti for doing that for us! We're off to see Phil's dad. Thanks for keeping us in the fold Heartland friends! Feel like Bandit (in Smokey and the Bandit) when the convoy let them in :D

danemayer

Hey all, thanks so much for everyone's help. We made it to Las Vegas and we even were able to get a spot at the Oasis with the rally. We're in site 191. Thanks Jim Beletti for doing that for us! We're off to see Phil's dad. Thanks for keeping us in the fold Heartland friends! Feel like Bandit (in Smokey and the Bandit) when the convoy let them in :D

Nice meeting you guys this evening. Now I know who 8amps is.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Phil and Mary, glad you made it safely. Thinking of you guys and Phil's dad and hope to see you soon.

8amps

An update on Phil's dad. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. He was released from ICU on Friday and came home from the hospital yesterday. He's doing better, though tired, weak, and sore. We're very happy to be here and see him doing better than expected and spend time with the family. When we decided to come, he was in ICU and wasn't showing improvement so knowing we were so far away, had to get here ASAP. So glad it's been a positive. And another happy thing was being able to see our Heartland friends too so win-win!

Nice meeting you guys this evening. Now I know who 8amps is.

Hi Dan and Ann,
Nice to meet you both!

- - - Updated - - -

Phil and Mary, glad you made it safely. Thinking of you guys and Phil's dad and hope to see you soon.

Thanks Gregg. It was an unexpected pleasure to see so many of our Heartland friends and Colorado pals! I guess we should've planned to come in the first place, but hey, we were in Oregon!

VKTalley

Mary, so glad to hear that Phil's dad is doing better! Enjoy your time with family and keep us posted.