Fender Skirts

sengli

Our plastic skirts has cracked on every one of the new fivers we have owned from heartland. The two biggest issue are they are often overtightened with the mounting screws, and the aluminum "bracket" they have near the center of the skirt... on my units the mounting screws just fall out. So the skirt will begin to flap going down the road. I have fixed all of mine with some fiberglass cloth and resin. Rough up the area with some 100 grit sandpaper. Clean the area with some alcohol. Re-enforcing the mounting holes, and places where the skirts have cracked. After this fix they havent had any further damage.

Attachments

• IMAG1124.jpg
    IMAG1124.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1125.jpg
    IMAG1125.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Bobby A

Great Post, I was going to order new from Heartland this spring, maybe I will try your fix, where do you get the fiberglass and resin you speak of ??
Thanks very much

danemayer

I took the same approach, but used a small package of moldable epoxy, shaped into a think layer, covered by Gorilla Tape.

sengli

You can get a fiberglass repair kit at pretty much everywhere. Auto parts store, walmart all sell these kits that include the resin, hardener and a small sheet or two of fiber cloth for the repair.

Bobby A

You can get a fiberglass repair kit at pretty much everywhere. Auto parts store, walmart all sell these kits that include the resin, hardener and a small sheet or two of fiber cloth for the repair.
Thanks very much, Dan had a good idea also thank you

rwdennis

i have a 2019 rw 429 with a bad skirt , is this covered under the 3 year warranty ? how can i get replacements ? thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
i have a 2019 rw 429 with a bad skirt , is this covered under the 3 year warranty ? how can i get replacements ? thanks
It's probably not covered under you warranty but it wouldn't hurt to call Heartland to discuss. I'm pretty sure they would sell you one but you could try a little sweet talking.
Heartland CS, 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave