Final Landmark 365 Paint Colors - August 2014

T

TomMontague

Our goal is to have two units at the show. One Newport and one Ashland. We are also pushing for a second Newport with an Office/Pantry option instead of the 1/2 bath but I'm not sure we will get that done.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I like all the colors as I know what Tom is trying to do. Make an option to fit most color of truck out there. Good Idea. I would prefer that the landmark 3D Decal stay on the side. But one thing I would also like to see is a color match of some kind on the lower J Trim. The white in my view is just too plain.

porthole

Retired
Our goal is to have two units at the show. One Newport and one Ashland. We are also pushing for a second Newport with an Office/Pantry option instead of the 1/2 bath but I'm not sure we will get that done.

So we can expect to only see two Landmarks at Hershey?
What about the proposed floor plans, will they at least be available?

T

TomMontague

I assume the "J" trim is what I would refer to as the skirt metal on the bottom of the coach. I can tell you at previous companies I've worked for when the metal is painted black it sometimes buckles under extreme heat. We had several issues with this - the main reason is we don't use a really thick gauge metal because of weight issues. Once the metal heats up get gets wavy and sometimes would pop the screws on the trim piece between the skirt metal and the fiberglass sidewall.

We are trying to design known problems out of the new LM365. Not painting plastic parts like the hatch door to the power cord reel, using black gutter rail, corner blocks and down spouts so paint doesn't chip off and look bad and also making it easy to repair roof or sidewall issues without having to repaint. Those areas are also damaged by low hanging limbs and branches and by not painting them they look good longer and are super easy to repair if something were to happen.

The white diamond base is also more energy efficient overall since most of our customers are sun seekers and spend long periods of time in warmer climates...

All of these things are taken into consideration as we continue to try and build the best coach possible. Some things will be hits, some will be misses but hopefully we will continue to get better and the hits will come more often and the misses less often..

Have a great day.

Thanks,
Tom

T

TomMontague

We are planning to have our new literature at the show and it should have floor plans and prices for the first 4 LM365's. This is my goal anyway.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are planning to have our new literature at the show and it should have floor plans and prices for the first 4 LM365's. This is my goal anyway.

Thanks for the updates! It's nice to hear from the folks making the decisions at Heartland on this forum!

SeattleLion

The wording "Landmark" on the blue, silver, and brown units are lost. It really stands out on the red unit.

Do not like the hot water unit near the door. If for some reason, the unit has to be used on propane, the exhaust would be a real problem with an awning out in that it would collect/hold the fumes. Could be a real danger for health reasons.

Our Bighorn has the water heater under the awning on the door side. We have run it on propane and there are no fumes or excessive heat. It isn't an issue for us.

shelsay

Hope you are planning on retaining the Grand Canyon--we love the floor plan with the wide steps, large pantry, and coat closet.

T

TomMontague

The Grand Canyon is pretty much a staple floor plan in High-End Large Fivers. I'm positive we will have a version of it in the not too distant future. :)

T

TomMontague

The hot water heater being on the door side is less than ideal - I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we've run out of space for it on the off door side mostly because of slide-out placement and the 1/2 bath. You have my word that we will always try and locate those type items on the off door side as much as possible or really whenever possible.

adam

This may be a moot point since the thread is described as "final" paint colours. But I would add just a constructive comment - in our last unit which was a 42' Holiday Rambler in dark Silvers and Black full body paint - it was like a oven on even warm days here in Ontario. Even the white fiberglass roof and 3 air conditioners could not offset the rest of the coach (and the slides) having the dark colours. We had to start our AC's early in the day, pull window shades as soon as we could to keep things cool.
Black only looks good the day a vehicle is delivered - after that it becomes a real chore to care for, such as water spots, hazing and it will show fiberglass imperfections easily. Upper end motorhomes and luxury fifth wheels always look flashy with dark colours, but I suspect that we all know the dark colours can really add to the work those AC units will have to do.

Mr. Montague's choice to have as much white paint and "light" paint on the new Landmarks will be important in offsetting the black on the rest of the body. Without seeing the coach in person I expect that most discerning buyers will realize that the white is "real" paint right away. I would add that there are some amazing pearl and metallic whites available now that would be real flashy on the side of the Landmark.

Of course all of this is JMHO.

Thanks
Adam

Last edited:

danemayer

The hot water heater being on the door side is less than ideal - I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we've run out of space for it on the off door side mostly because of slide-out placement and the 1/2 bath. You have my word that we will always try and locate those type items on the off door side as much as possible or really whenever possible.
Tom, on models where the water heater is on the door side, you ought to provide an access panel to get to the back of the unit.

A number of us at a rally last Spring helped another owner with repairs on his Landmark's door side water heater. Because there was no access, we had to remove the water heater. After putting it back in, there was additional work on some of the heater's water lines. In order to reach them we had to remove the battery compartment and framing.

Had the unit been on the off door side, those removals would not have been necessary because we would have been able to reach the back side of the heater.

I'm sure the engineers won't find it easy to provide access, but it's really needed.

T

TomMontague

To be honest I think the entire wall that separates the furnace, hot water heater, water pump and whatever else is in there is only held up by a few screws. You should be able to easily remove the entire wall for great access to everything on both sides. I can check on that tomorrow but I watch them put that wall end at the very end and there isn't much to it. Hope this helps.

danemayer

To be honest I think the entire wall that separates the furnace, hot water heater, water pump and whatever else is in there is only held up by a few screws. You should be able to easily remove the entire wall for great access to everything on both sides. I can check on that tomorrow but I watch them put that wall end at the very end and there isn't much to it. Hope this helps.
The unit we worked on had the battery compartment and it's framing in between the basement wall and the water heater.

HEH458

Glad to see the Grand Canyon floor plan will still be available. There's a reason it's a staple in most rv manufacturer's floor plans.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tom that is very true about the parts, being replaced and being painted. My power cord door has one of the covers for the slots broken and even though I have a replacement for it, it is white. So I have not changed it out. Figured the small part missing is less noticeable than an entire white replacement.

Also hopefully that info on floorplans and pricing would be available here as soon as HL gets it together.