Fire hazard under the bed

HOSS

We have a 2009 BH3670rl that is in the shop right now for the bed frame came loose from the wall. I asked them to look at the outlets and see if anything was amiss, don't want a fire started under my bed. They said everything look good, no pinched wires or discolored ones either. I will look for myself when I get it back.
I question why the bed came loose from the wall, only on one side. From this thread it sounds like I am not the only one that this has happened to. Is this something that maybe needs further inspection to see exactly whats going on?
I am all for a recall on this....better safe than sorry, right?

HOSS

Theresau

We had the same problem with our 2010 3410RE which we picked up last mid-July. Kept popping the circuit breaker and then Joe lifted up the mattress and accidentally saw the wires were crossed - were actually wore through by the frame. This occurred when we first brought it home - actually came home with the circuit breaker popped - wasn't found by dealer. We figured it was a one-off problem so we never reported it. We thought the same thing - pretty bad place (mattress) to have a potential fire. The wiring was for the outlet on the right side of the bed as you face the headboard.

Regards,
Theresa

Paul & Nan

We checked ours today,09 BH3670 built in August 08. The wires were hanging rather loose over the slideout rails where they clearly had been dragging. Thank goodness we had not used ours much before now. DH had a time getting curled up enough to get in there and fix, but they are fastened up out of the way now. Thanks to all for the heads up. Nan

wyleyrabbit

I checked ours today and the AC wires were zap-strapped to the top. There is no sign of anything rubbing the wires or similar. No problems under the bed as far as I could see. Whew.

RoadJunkie

Mine was also zip-tied to the 2X2 above the outlet, but the wires still managed to get stretched and pinched. Oh well, glad we found it and time to move on.

patrick1945

All was well with that plug but the wiring pulled loose( tripping the breaker) again and so now I will go in and dead head that receptacle on the right side and hope that will allow me to use the other bedroom plugs.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Re: Fire hasard under the bed

I have a bh 3670rl, early 2010 model. Had the same wire problem under my bed too. Sent pictures to factory and jim beletti a while back. Hopefully by now they have it fixed.

patrick1945

Well it pulled loose again leading to the problems that I mentioned in the ELECTRICAL FORUM. This time I have eliminated the forward receptacle in the bed base.

The plug on the right side of the bed pulled loose by the slide mechanism but I think that I have it fixed now.