First Extended Service Corporation

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Has anyone investigated the GoodSam Continued Service Plan? Is it a good plan?

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
The CSP is a good plan, and could be a great plan, however, it is very expensive compared to other extended service plans. the question is it worth the extra dough?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The CSP is a good plan, and could be a great plan, however, it is very expensive compared to other extended service plans. the question is it worth the extra dough?

Maybe the costs reflects the quality of the coverage. If it's good, I'll pay for it. I'd rather pay big bucks for big service..than medium bucks for sucky service.

In my condition, I want this turkey covered from Elkhart to junk yard.

4ever

warranty

Do you think these are worth it? Anyone have experience with these?

Just purchased my 5th wheel. Bighorn 3410RE. Pick the unit up this week.

Ted

sunriverman

I was offered the extended service and warranty for six years, really an extended three plan, 3 plus 3 for $2900. I ran out of the sales office as fast as I could. I just purchased three years of additonal service on top of the three they provide from Dometic for the a/c for $96.50 when I registered the new purchase. I will do the same on the maytag stove and the Dometic refer/freezer. Not to worry about the micro. I think I can take care of the remaining items. My three cents worth.

dynaguy

We just purchased a new Cyclone from Lakeshore Rv and also opted for the service contract. We have freinds who full time and highly recommended the coverage. The price of the contract is reasonable when you stop to consider the vast amount of items covered and the possibility of any of the failing after the warranty period.

lwmcguir

You are really just paying ahead, however that fits a lot of folks very well. I would like to see a real warranty that would cover major items. Those aren't available from the dealers. Good Sam's comes close but still you have to weigh the cost versus the return. Insurance and extended warranties are in business to make money, not to loose it. For some folks paying ahead is a good thing, however for me I will pay as I go other than the fridge.

wdk450

Frame/"Metal Attachments" inclusion

Question:
I have heard that virtually none of the extended warranty plans cover the frame or "metal attachments". Is this true? With all of the frame/suspension issues we have had posted, have any of you had this type of work covered under the extended warranties? If so, which brand of warranty?

Thanks for the info!!

lwmcguir

Question:
I have heard that virtually none of the extended warranty plans cover the frame or "metal attachments". Is this true? With all of the frame/suspension issues we have had posted, have any of you had this type of work covered under the extended warranties? If so, which brand of warranty?

Thanks for the info!!

That is correct. None of them offer any more than the small items.

bigbird272

I purchased one here in Canada that covers frames and axles. My warranty cost $2500 and is good for 6 years after Heartland. The big 4 door fridge is worth all of that. My opinion anyway. I said earlier that I wish I had an extended warranty for my 2005 Ford F350. My Ford warranty is up in May and I am dreading what will follow. Can you say Duramax.

sunflower

Can someone,anyone give me the name of an extended service contract that covers structural damage.You do realize that if any of these companies can prove faulty workmanship or even poor design initiating a problem they will walk.Don't beleive me,show me in writing that they will honour the above.Want to know how much you are going to get back on your unused premium at the expiration,ask your seller how much they will contrbute back to the service contract company when they come knocking.Don't think for a minute that these even remotely resemble the extensions in the automotive industry.Extend your appliance warranties as long as you can,bank the rest, buy a set of tools,grab a beer and relax.

dynaguy

Do you think these are worth it? Anyone have experience with these?

Just purchased my 5th wheel. Bighorn 3410RE. Pick the unit up this week.

Ted

We found the cost to be resonable, it all depends on perspective but the reality is if you get past the mfgrs warranty period and happen to break down in some out of the way place at least you still have the major components covered per the policy. We plan on a lot of travel, i can do my own repairs, im just not interesed in carrrying all my tools. Its a personal choice!! Hope you enjoy your new Bighorn!

porthole

Retired
If heartland was the underwriter and the plan was reasonable I would have probably purchased one.

The fact that the plans are from 3rd party organizations is a red flag for me. Too many years in the automotive field dealing with 3rd party plans.

Our typical reply to customers that had 3rd party was for "you pay for the repair and try and get reimbursed".

Didn't matter if we got the job or not, it just wasn't worth the hassle with dealing with a 3rd party - who may or may not be in business next year.

The last extended policy I purchased was for my motorcycle. It covers a lot and although it is underwritten through an out side company it is administered through the Harley Davidson network, so my policy is good at ANY Harley dealer and many independent shops.

2000+ dollars is a lot of money and if you can justify it based on the amount of time you spend hopefully you will find it of value.

Google search whatever the company is and read the complaints (there will always be complaints about extended coverage plans).

lwmcguir

I purchased one here in Canada that covers frames and axles. My warranty cost $2500 and is good for 6 years after Heartland. The big 4 door fridge is worth all of that. My opinion anyway. I said earlier that I wish I had an extended warranty for my 2005 Ford F350. My Ford warranty is up in May and I am dreading what will follow. Can you say Duramax.

Would you mind copying the fine print that states it actually covers the frame?

I really dont beleive it does, not in excess of what you paid for the warranty for sure.