First Mods to 2014 Trail Runner 27FQBS, need advice

iowaSSfan

Just brought the camper home last weekend and already have a few ideas. Wanting to add a cabinet door to access a large unused area under the sink. Planning on adding it right next to the entry door and using it to store shoes. Picked up a door and some stain from the local hardware store but just not getting a good match. Want it to look factory when its done. Would anyone happen to know if I could purchase a door straight from Hearland thats already a match? If so where would I get it? Or just the stain they use? My second mod will be figuring out a ladder so that my kid can get into the bunk on her own. Thanks in advance. -Brian

alex00

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new trailer. Many people have been able to find a door of the appropriate size and color in their coach, and called Heartland for a replacement door. Heartland won't make a custom size, but if you find the right size door in your coach they will send you the matching door. Call 877-262-8032 with your VIN when you are ready to order.

I made a simple ladder out of PVC pipe for my son in our last Bunk Model. It was very strong, very light and easy to store.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Do as alex00 said. Find a door that will fit that is in your coach. I added a door and called HL with the measurement and VIN#. The door fit fine and the stain was close enough.

I'm picking my 27fqbs on Monday. I also noticed the dead space under the sink. I had the dealer order the same door that is on the front of the sink so I could install it on the side by the door. Do you install a TV in yours yet? I'm going to order a TV but I'm can't find the demensions for the biggest TV that will fit. Does anyone know what Size TV I can order?
Thanks mike,

jimtoo

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for your PDI do a very good, slow walk thru. Hope fully some of the other members will jump in with the info your asking about.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M