first time 5th wheel owner

Jim.Allison

I guess you have been a member of this site long enough to know about TowMax tire issues? If you got them you need to seriously consider replacing them. Even if they are brand new!!!!! ITs that bad.

jimtoo

Hi RoadKing500,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club. With new unit you get 1 year trial membership, but if you join you will get your members plaque and some other benifits. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of great folks and make friends for a life time.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase. Is that the BH3160 Elite you have? That's the one we're thinking about getting later this year. You need to join the HOC and show off that thing at one of the rallys. Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet you down the road.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
2015 bighorn elite on the road first time this may:cool:

Welcome and congrats on the new Bighorn!! We have a Heartland Rally in Lancaster next weekend at Old Mill Stream Campground. Stop by and say hi. Join us for dinner. There probably going to be 10-12 Bighorns there.

Congrats and and safe travels.

roadking500

Thanks baker. We have joined the group & we have so much to learn!! We did get the BH 3160 ELITE....she is a beauty. Do you or anyone know about the Sailun tires...are they any good??

bettya

We just bought a new BH 3570RS, we did like the 3160 too, but wanted a bit more room (King bed, bathroom counterspace, etc.). Took her out for Easter weekend. It was so nice. Still learning how things work though, as it is different from our Forest River V-lite TT that we had before. I was surprised to see that the BH didn't have some of the small features that our V-Lite had (e.g. awning cap cover, nicer awning fabric, AC open/close vents, much sturdier tank pulls). Hopefully it all holds up well as we plan to keep it for many years. We are looking to attend the next North TX rally and meet other BH owners in our area.

pegmikef

Hopefully it all holds up well as we plan to keep it for many years. We are looking to attend the next North TX rally and meet other BH owners in our area.

BettyA. You don't have to wait until October to attend a Texas Rally. The South Texas Chapter is having a rally this coming weekend (17-19 April) in Bourne, Texas and I'll bet Tom and Marti can fit you in. We would love to have you. Here is a link to all the rally info.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...7-2015-to-4-19-2015/page5?p=398708#post398708

bettya

Peg: Thanks for the invite, unfortunately we can't make it next weekend. We were actually down in Kerrville/Bourne are a few weeks ago for Spring break. My husband and I are still working, so we have to work in days off well in advance. Now that we are part of the forum though I can get advance notice and make it to rallies. Hope to meet you sometime down the road.

PS: We were really worried about getting Chinese tires again, but was happy to read the posts that the Sailun tires are good. Thanks Cody for posting this info, I feel much better knowing that I don't have to lay out another $1K for new tires for a new rig.