First Timer

GatorDawg

Hello all,

My wife and I finally purchased our first fifth wheel this week. We are new to RVing and started this venture with a Gateway 3500RE. We currently live in southeast Georgia and decided to purchase at RV nation in Ohio. It was a big experience driving the fifth wheel for the first time across 700 miles. The trip went well, but I am anxious to read through this forum to learn from the more experienced crowd. I am certain the neighbors at the KOA in Bowling Green, KY had their share of laughs as I made It very apparent it was our first night in a new RV.

danemayer

Hello all,

My wife and I finally purchased our first fifth wheel this week. We are new to RVing and started this venture with a Gateway 3500RE. We currently live in southeast Georgia and decided to purchase at RV nation in Ohio. It was a big experience driving the fifth wheel for the first time across 700 miles. The trip went well, but I am anxious to read through this forum to learn from the more experienced crowd. I am certain the neighbors at the KOA in Bowling Green, KY had their share of laughs as I made It very apparent it was our first night in a new RV.

Hi GatorDawg,

Congratulations on your new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. In addition to the solutions you'll find browsing the threads on the forum, there are also a great bunch of friendly and helpful people who are quick to reach out with help.

We also have an extensive collection of manufacturer manuals, along with some owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides. You can get to them from the TOOLS button at the top of the page.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Grey Ghost

Congrats on your new adventure, you will have a lot of fun in your new RV. We purchased a Heartland Grey Stone a couple of years ago, they don't make it any longer, I think it is now the Gateway like you have. Anyhow, welcome and be sure to ask if you have any questions, people on here are very helpful and friendly. Welcome and remember to enjoy, have fun and be safe out there! :cool:

ILH

Gatordawg - one of the things you'll learn about the RV community is that we very much enjoy helping our neighbor rv'ers. When I started out I didn't know much - and I can't count the number of times another camper would come over to help.

My other suggestion is watch other campers setup. You learn a lot of tricks by watching experienced campers!

GatorDawg

ILH--I agree about those willing to help. Friendly folks is one of the key points that led me to the RV experience. I have been all over the world and just look forward to seeing more of our great country.

Sunset4k

Hello from Texas and welcome Gatordawg!! Congratulations on your first RV and first successful trip. This is an awesome place to learn the tricks of the trade. Please consider attending a local chapter Rally when you can. You will have a great time and meet some wonderful folks very willing to help us "newbies"!! Good luck and hopefully we will see you down the road some day!!!