FIXED: Heartland Owners Position Map Not Working

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Re: Heartland Owners Position Map Not Working

Just tried that function for first time. Clicked on find my current location and it placed the marker correctly. I'm using my iPad.

MTPockets

Just tried that function for first time. Clicked on find my current location and it placed the marker correctly. I'm using my iPad.
Yes, mine does that too, but puts me about 12 miles at other end of State Park. The instructions on the site say to click the map and it will place a new marker. It does not place a marker.

travelin2

Just a thought.....are you using cellular gps to find your location or the SP wifi? Whichever, it appears it's not finding the correct lat/long if it's dropping a marker 12 miles away, yes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

Just tried to update my position in IE11, no go. Switched to Chrome and no problem. Last week neither would work.

MTPockets

Just a thought.....are you using cellular gps to find your location or the SP wifi? Whichever, it appears it's not finding the correct lat/long if it's dropping a marker 12 miles away, yes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think you got it... I've been using cellular signal as there us no wifi here. But, I tried it again just now and it worked fine doing the same thing as before. Anyway, I'm where I want to be. Thanks to whomever pushed the right buttons.

travelin2

Good deal. My iPhone always says to use wifi to provide most accurate info when I'm using an app that "searches near me" if I have no wifi or the app set to cellular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linuxkidd

Yes, mine does that too, but puts me about 12 miles at other end of State Park. The instructions on the site say to click the map and it will place a new marker. It does not place a marker.

I see the problem.. working to fix this part now.. Thanks for identifying the issue MTPockets! I'll report back when it's all patched up.
LK

linuxkidd

Alright... NOW, go try it.. :D

Please, let us know if there's any other problems...
LK

hcriddle

I am still not getting anything. No map or anything. I can update my position but I still get no map. Must not be holding my mouth just right.

hcriddle

Nope still nothing. I can click on show main map - nothing, Add/edit entry - nothing, delete entry - nothing. It allows me to do all these things but I still can't see a map. It used to work fine but started this a few weeks ago and I just thought it was part of the work they were doing on the forum. I had not paid any more attention to it until others started sharing that they were having the same issues.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

I just updated my position and had no problems. I'm using my IPad.

jimtoo

Buddy,,, go to the top bar and click on "Tools" and try the getting the map there. If you can, yours is doing the same as mine. It's weird...I have a laptop and it works OK... but this PC does not open the map unless I go to the tools bar. I have checked every setting I have,,, so it must be something blocking it some where.

Let me know.

Jim M

MTPockets

Try logging out, then log back in. Can't hurt; but on other sites that I stay logged in, this has worked for me.

hcriddle

Buddy,,, go to the top bar and click on "Tools" and try the getting the map there. If you can, yours is doing the same as mine. It's weird...I have a laptop and it works OK... but this PC does not open the map unless I go to the tools bar. I have checked every setting I have,,, so it must be something blocking it some where.

Let me know.

Jim M

That is where I try to open it Jim. I am not sure what changed that caused it to suddenly stop working. When I go to tools and open the map it comes up but I have a blank screen where the map should be. If I update my location it tells me that I have updated it but there is still no map. I am like you and have checked all my settings but nothing jumps out to me as out of place. It isn't a big problem, I can usually find out where folks are by reading the posts.

jimtoo

Mine is blank like yours when I go to the side bar under someones name... but if I go to the Tools bar it works...kinda weird. Oh well,,, :)

Jim M

travelin2

If I log in to the forum on my iPhone and try to open the map using " tools " I get kicked out of the forum and closes safari as the pins are loading at about 140 of the 737 pins. Works on on the iPad and PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the fix
It is now working for me on both my laptop and my android. Trace