FIXED: Water under kitchen sink on 2014 BH3875FB

bryankipp

I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but every morning there is water pooled up on the bottom shelf below my kitchen sink. I have checked all of the plumbing underneath and there are no detectable leaks that I can find. I have run the water, filled the sinks and drained and cannot find any leaks. We are currently in Colorado and it does get below freezing in the evenings. Could this be a condensation problem caused by the difference in temperature under my sink and the rest of the trailer. I currently live in the trailer full time and would much rather figure this out rather than take it to the shop to have it checked out. Any ideas or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

jbeletti

Re: Water under kitchen sink on 2014 BH3875FB

Sorry to hear about the water mystery. I doubt it's condensation. Things I'd consider:
- PEX to Faucet (hot and cold) connection
- That big locknut under each sink that holds the strainer basket in
- Joints in drain pipes above and below P traps
- Lastly and what it always is for me - lack of or poor sealant where undermount sink mates to counter surface

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Our BH3585RL did this when it was new as well. We ended up finding out that it was leaking at the very end of the pullout faucet hose where it connects to the spigot itself. It was a slow leak and it ran down the hose and dripped in the middle of the under the sink cabinet so it appeared that it was coming from the sink itself.

Rod Ditrich

wdk450

People have posted here before that using toilet paper helps find small leaks or wet surfaces you cannot see. Good Luck!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Use the toilet paper trick, as well as loosen and retighten all fittings. Make sure the water is off at the UDC before loosening any supply lines! We had a slow seep from the drain fitting on the sink last summer. Fortunately, it collected in the dish pan under it and didn't affect the picture wood. Seems the drain fitting nut was just a hair loose.

jbeletti

Our BH3585RL did this when it was new as well. We ended up finding out that it was leaking at the very end of the pullout faucet hose where it connects to the spigot itself. It was a slow leak and it ran down the hose and dripped in the middle of the under the sink cabinet so it appeared that it was coming from the sink itself.

Good one Rod. Never thought of that but it could explain an unexplainable leak.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Our new Landmark had the same issue and I tightened the supply line to the faucets and it solved the problem.

Greengas

Our new Landmark had the same issue and it was loose fittings across the board causing the problems. But, all is better now (finger's crossed).

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired

We too had water under the sink in our 3875FB, too. Turned out, as already mentioned, to be a loose fitting on the connection to the left sink. It was not a major leak, but small and slow. Good luck.

bryankipp

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will try them all. Happy Thanksgiving.

JohnDar

There are only four possible causes. 1) a loose plastic fitting, 2) a loose hose clamp/cinch fitting, 3) a cracked plastic fitting, or 4) a split in a PEX line. I used to think Gremlins, but never found one :)

MrC

We had same problem. It was a hairline crack in the pump.
The dealer replaced under warranty

etcmss

similar leak under sink and it was the sink drain lines are n ot aligned and the plastic fittings were not seated properly. Realign fittings and tubing.

Bruc

I have identified our kitchen sink leaking source. There appears to be NO SEALANT material between the sink and counter top. Anyone have Kitchen sink installation instructions? or how to remove the sink? How is it fastened? etc. regards

danemayer

Hi Bruc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here, much of which can be found with a simple or advanced search (upper right corner), or via a Google Search for "heartlandowners.org: your search terms".

Here's a link to a prior post that shows pictures of the clips used to mount the sink and mention of using silicone sealant when remounting.

JohnDar

I have identified our kitchen sink leaking source. There appears to be NO SEALANT material between the sink and counter top. Anyone have Kitchen sink installation instructions? or how to remove the sink? How is it fastened? etc. regards

If it's the standard double bowl under-counter mounted sink, it's held in place by metal clips on the underside. Many times, there are not enough clips or they're missing entirely. The sink is actually designed for an above counter installation. If you can look from below, via the cabinet, you should see them along the flange. Ideally, there should be two along the front and back and one at either end. When mine leaked along that joint, I installed a couple of missing clips in the front of the sink (the holes had been drilled, but no clip installed) and ran a bead of clear silicone along the edge between the counter top and the sink. No more leaks. Completely removing the sink to run caulk in there might be more of a hassle than is necessary.

pcardoza

Our cyclone came with EVERY water connection at at the faucet loose in every sink.... Only took 15min to get them all squared away, but one has to wonder why I had to do it! Grrrrrrrrrrr..........

AAdams

On our old Landmark ours leaked at the PEX crimp fitting to the kitchen sink. I cut the PEX and installed Shut-offs to the sink then ran standard steel braided supply lines to the faucet to fix the issue. We later had the problem of the caulking at the sink a couple years later. I loosened the clips so I could remove all the old caulk then resealed with a good silicon. If you caulk over the old caulk you will have the problem again IMO. I was a plumber and the toilet tissue/Kleenex found many leaks for me when I was working in repair.

wdk450

As far as sealing the drain pipe to the bottom of the sink, I used RVers GOOP instead of plumber's putty to seal the drain fitting when mine leaked. I have doubts that the claylike plumbers putty can seal well in the vibration/shaking of going down the road. RVers GOOP is a thick, rubber-like, adhesive/sealant.

donr827

I purchased my trailer from a large dealer that does a long PDI list. He checked all of the water fittings and had all the lines under pressure for several hours. He said they called Heartland trailers leakers. That was back in 2012 so things may have changed during assembly.
Don