Floor Covering Problem

lesjoy

escalating problems

We took possession of our 2007 3055rl Bighorn on June 23rd. Since then we have documented over 30 deficeinces in fit and finish in our unit, some from
poor assembly, careless workmanship, and poor quality materials. In less than
2 months use we have trim pulling off the slide out , non stop leaks from the
shower and many more concerns. Our biggest problem occured while returning home from a trip to the Oregon coast. On our last day while pulling out of our last nite stop the front axle snapped off approx 2" from the wheel. Needless to say we were somewhat surprised since the unit has less than 3000 miles on it
since purchase. Fortunately we were only 200 miles from home at the time but did have to abandon it at a RV dealership. We are happy that this did not occur 30 minutes later while we would have been travelling through a mountain pass on our way home.At this time we are waiting to meet with the selling dealership re repalcement or cancellation of our purchase. We would like to hear from anyone else who has had axle issue with their 5th.:mad:

JoeW4300

To all,
after three days I guess you all thought I had passed on. No such luck for you guys. I know I am the bad guy on the forum but I can live with that. I can only echo Wildwoods' comments. No lies there. He is truthfull to say the least.
I had intended to add some comments regarding safety and maintenance but truth be told I have grown weary of the whole process. I guess that may have been the Heartland business plan all along. Wear out the customer.
On the other hand I have had some degree of success with David Partin at Heartland. He seems truly interested in finding some kind of solution to the problems I have had.
To the gentleman who had thirty plus problems ( sorry I can't recall your name) and the broken axle I really don't know what to say. I read your post and think to myself can this really be happening to us. We do our homework and research the products out there and yet we come up short and buy wrong.
What were we thinking?
Scott, again I have made your day as now there will be more vitriol with which you can agree. I will suggest though that you do a Google search of the "Man in the Mirror". You will find it interesting and surely give you pause for reflection on your inner self.
I am not one who subscribes to the philosophy " to get along, go along". That is a formula for short term success and long term failure.
What are the dates for the '07 Rally? :)
Joe