Floor Insulation Question

gpshemi

I read somewhere else that they put insulation in when they had the belly down. I'd guess little to none.

Chesse

I had the coroplast down and did not see any insulation the whole length of the RV. I was wondering if this was an oversight or intentional. I thought all the Cyclones had insulated underbelly's with the exception of the garage area?

2010augusta

I believe there should be a reflective, radiant foil insulation in the underbelly, but only the Landmarks have fiberglass insulation too.

Last edited:

Chesse

Thanks for the info. When I pulled the Coroplast all I found was the black tarp like water barrier protecting the OSB.

LarryD

Thanks for the info. When I pulled the Coroplast all I found was the black tarp like water barrier protecting the OSB.

But above the black plastic is the real floor structure, meaning the floor joist with insulation between them and the decking on top of the joist. Anyway, this is where the floor insulation is placed. There is limited value in insulating the entire belly area between the Coroplast and the black plastic as the steel I-beams are a big conductor of heat or cold with a few holes in them as well. Insulation around the tanks and some type of heat for the tanks is the most important thing for the belly area.

Lamphere

I also wonder this, our floor flexes slightly when you walk on it. Does it have 1" plywood on the floor or less? We have the 2812 with the combined garage. I hope it is strong enough to hold ATV's??