Flooring puffs up when furnace is on

jbeletti

I haven't heard of this but can imagine a scenario where it could happen: Lino not trimmed well around floor vents allowing air to get up under lino.

I suggest you check every floor vent by pulling the register/grill off to see if the lino seems to be trimmed as wide as the hole cut in the floor and is secure to the floor. If not, trim and secure.

Another thought is for furnaces that blow straight down into a plenum style distribution. If there's lino around/under the furnace and again, if the lino is not trimmed well, I can see air getting under it. I suggest you find the furnace and visually inspect how hot air gets from it into the distribution system.

NH-Duck

Not in my trailer but in my house after first moving in. Carpet installer went right over a vent and never cut it out, could be a similar situation with the vinyl. Is the entire floor lifting our just one area?

Handyxena

The entire floor all the way to the bathroom, I just replaced the old floor vents with new ones that have adjustable louvers but there open so that shouldn't make a difference

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

gfnesbitt

My 2015 Keystone Alpine had the carpet over heat vent. Would not not known until my furnace licked on and the rug puffed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

The entire floor all the way to the bathroom, I just replaced the old floor vents with new ones that have adjustable louvers but there open so that shouldn't make a difference

What it puffing up prior to you replacing the old vents?

Please check the things I mention in my first reply.

Handyxena

What it puffing up prior to you replacing the old vents?

Please check the things I mention in my first reply.
No, and the new vents don't screw down,,,,yet, that's where it's getting under the lino, thanks for the ideas, taking the new vents home for the season and drilling holes in them

jbeletti

No, and the new vents don't screw down,,,,yet, that's where it's getting under the lino, thanks for the ideas, taking the new vents home for the season and drilling holes in them

Glad you have this figured out. You may also want to glue the edges of the lino down on all 4 sides of the cut out.