Florida Heartland Owners Club Discussion

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Re: Lake Wales, Florida

Floridarandy;
I hear you are expecting a new arrival tomorrow. Let us know if you need anything. Don't hesitate to contact us.
Mickey

davebennington

[FONT=&quot]It is always a happy occasion to announce a new Chapter Leader. This time is a little different, Wes who is the present Chapter Leader in Florida is having a health issue and has to step down as the chapter leader. The good news is we have two couples that have stepped up and volunteered to be chapter leader for the great state of Florida.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Mickey and Bonnie Meredith will serve as chapter leaders for the year 2011,

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Dick and Pat will take over the duties of chapter leaders in 2012.

[/FONT] At this time the state will not be split into multiple chapters, mainly because of the many snowbirds that are there for just a short period of time.

A big thank you to Wes for all the work in Florida and we all hope everything works out OK,

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

hillsonwheels

Hey.......you folks move quickly! Just saw you in Mt. Airy and now you're chapter leaders? :eek:

As you now know from our conversation at Maberry CG, we winter in Lady Lake. We'll be in the area from NOV til APR. We already have a few things scheduled and folks to see but will try our darndest to make any get togethers (RALLIES?) that you try to put together. And, if we're gonna be there, we'll "hep" in any way we can. :)

Dick

MICKEY

Re: RV'ing in Sebring,FL

Dick;
It was a hoot talking to you at Mayberry CG and hope to get your advice and input to help this chapter grow. We are currently planning our first outing but want to clear with administration before releasing info. Thanks for you time in Mayberry. It helped us make up our mind about chapter leader.

Mickey

MICKEY

Re: Discussion

HOG members;

Start thinking about interesting places in Florida to hold rallys. Where, when, why! Think about some of our snowbird friends who aren't here in summer, and also locals who love to get out even in summer here in Florida. We would like to visit all areas, North, Central, South, East, West. Please send suggestions.

Mickey

Just getting reactivated in the forums. Interested in meeting people in Florida and especially people who like to bike.

MICKEY

Thanks to all who are replying to my PM's. I'm trying to catch up with all. Looking forward to great year.
Please send in your favorite CG location, why you like it, and what is available for campers to do there. Also think about one major event for the year. The East Coast rally is in a beautiful part of NC at end of April, and would love to have a good show from Florida there. You learn so much and make longlasting friends at any rally.
Mickey

MICKEY

Folks;

I am responding to all emails and PM's. Trying to keep things up to date. If you don't receive a reply within the day; it's lost in cyberspace, so try me again. Also if you make a post to forum and don't see it immediately, don't despair, it will show up soon.

Mickey

floridarandy

Mickey -

Thanks for your post earlier regarding flying dutchman's delivery of his old....our new....2900MK...just ran across it here. It was great to be delivering our 1997 Coleman Sunridge popup to a young family with 3 boys (ages 3,5 and 8) as Eric and Dorothy watched having just parked the 2900MK for us. Although we been camping for 30+ years with our two boys (now 21 and 23) (tents then popup) this is our first real luxury rig. We'll be spending the next few weeks researching and supplying and then our maiden voyage up to Hillsborough River State Park Veteran's Day weekend of 11/11 thru 11/14, site 105). Anyone else in the vicinity are welcome to join us...it should be entertaining to watch the parking and setup!

http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/

Randy and Karen

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Randy, congrats on your "new" Sundance.
Going from a popup to a 5th wheel is quite a change. You will enjoy it.
On another note, we know and have camped next to Eric and Dorothy many times. I dont think you will find a better mantained trailer. Eric and Dorothy were meticulous about the trailer---especially the black tank...right Eric??!
Enjoy your new rig.

MICKEY

Re: Lake Wales, Florida

Randy;
I'm glad you found us and I know you are looking forward to your maiden voyage in the Sundance. Also great recommendation on CG. There are some great one in Florida. This is kind of information invaluable to many of us transplants who haven't had time to see them all. Keep them coming.

Mickey

MICKEY

Thanks all for posting some great info on the forum. It's my thought that we all gain when information is discussed in an open format. One little bit of information or one idea can make a difference in wheather a camping trip is good or great.
Mickey

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We will be wintering in Florida mostly around Davenport, but would like to join in on any Heartland Rallies or get togethers with the Florida group.

MICKEY

hoganc;
You are just around the corner from our first event at the Tampa SuperShow. Please see this thread for the official event post. You can't miss this one!

Last edited by a moderator:

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Sorry, I missed this post; jumpted into the item on the Tampa get-together. Will discuss with the HB and let you know.

Hogladyrider

We will be wintering in Florida mostly around Davenport, but would like to join in on any Heartland Rallies or get togethers with the Florida group.

Where in Davenport are your wintering? That is not very far from us, we are in Lake County. I'd like to check out your recommendation for a campground in Davenport!

Safe travels.
Susan