Fluid on blocking valve?

NHCelt

Hi....have been set up for a couple weeks here in SC, and have noticed some popping in the level up. Happens during temperature fluctuations and I never worry about it.

Now for the issue. I was checking around the hydraulic pump and there are two blocking valve s. I assume one is for the slide side and one for the jacks.

Is that a correct assumption?

I am aware of the hex screw in the underside of these valves, and noticed a slight bit of hydraulic oil on the valve in that area.

So now the big question...Could a need to tighten this set screw cause a bit of leakage in that are and a bit of settling and popping of the system?

Thanks!

Celt

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've had one of these block stand fittings crack and eventually break.
It started as a drop or two of fluid till finally breaking and spraying fluid everywhere.
Look closely at everything.Hydblk.jpg

Peace
Dave

donr827

I would clean up the area of all fluid then check it every day to make sure where the fluid is coming from exactly. I did that and all I needed was a slight twist of a screw driver.
Don

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi....have been set up for a couple weeks here in SC, and have noticed some popping in the level up. Happens during temperature fluctuations and I never worry about it.

Thanks!

Celt

As to the popping, I’ve added the Cat juice which has eliminated short term popping. But if we’re sitting for a month as we are now, the popping returns after a couple of weeks.
When the popping returns, I retract the rear jacks and drop the front enough and initiate another auto level cycle.
For whatever reason that seems to eliminate the popping for the balance of our stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk