flushing the black tank

kellyboy

I have a 2005 landmark. I am not sure if I have a hose connection to flush the black tank in the sewer valve compartment. The only ports I see are the city water connection and the port to fill the fresh water holding tank and a spray port that has a connection similar to a connection you would connect an air line too. I don't know what the spray port is for. There is also a spray part in this compartment that has about a 6 inch by 6 inch door that opens and I don't know what that is for. Should there be a hose connection on this RV and if not do I just run a water hose into the toilet to flush the black tank? There is also another spray port door under the RV beside the sewer connection. Thanks for any help you can give me

traveler44

Maybe somebody will send you the specs. on your model. You might find out some more about it by looking for specs. or floor plans for 05 Landmarks if they are still available on the net. I have a 09 Bighorn and it has one capped off filler access for the fresh water tank and two places to attach a hose, one is for city water- that's fresh water too and the other is for the black tank flush. The city water connection and the fresh water tank fill are in a square recessed area. The black tank flush port is by it's self. Hope that helps you figure it out. Tom

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would suggest that you call Heartland with your VIN number and ask them. Hopefully, they still have the specs on file for that model year.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are two ports on the 05 Landmark (we have an 07) and both look like the type port you would hook an air hose to. The one in the UDC is the black tank flush. Hook up the hose and then on the right side there is a garden hose type connector the hose hooks into. That is really the connection for the black tank flush. The air hose type connection is the water connection so be sure the water is off when connecting to it. On the door side the air hose type connection is for the outside shower. You should have a hot and cold water faucets and when you hook up the hose to the air hose type connection you can turn on the water with the hot and cold water connections. Keep in mind the water needs to be turned on to the outside shower in the udc hot and cold water manifolds.

What we did is keep a hose connected to the air hose type connector to the black flush connection and put a hose cutoff attachment between the hose and the black flush connection. That was we don't have to keep connection and disconnecting the air hose type connector end. And if I need water from the hose I can just unscrew from the black flush connection and I have a water hose.

Hope this helps.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
By the way, the 'Classic' Landmarks are nothing like the newer ones as the classics have water manifolds a UDC which is a separate compartment with a separate door and you have to set water valves in a certain configuration to use the fresh water tank.