• Canadian

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Both

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • None

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters

wdk450

Well I guess this Texan will be stepping up and shopping for a Texas Flag this weekend because we have only been flying the American Flag. One of the first times we went out camping several RV'ers had a Flag pole made out of PVC pipe so when we got home went on the internet and found the instructions to make my own.

Jim

I've found that the standard, post mount flag base in the flag kits you get, can be mounted to the very front of 5th wheel hitch overhang plate with just a couple of small "C" clamps. That's how I do it. I will add a photo soon when I get to the rig in storage.

hillsonwheels

I fly the American flag and a WV banner. The American flag is lit at night by solar spot lights that I have mounted on the swivel flag pole. Go Mountaineers!!!! and long live the USA!!!!!!

Dick

wdk450

Our American Flag is proudly displayed as often as possible. Extreme wind or interference by trees is the only reason is wouldn't be up. We have a solar LED mounted to the ladder for night time.

Gang:
I was browsing at the 99 cent store this morning and found solar LED outdoor lights there. I was thinking about adding a couple to my steps, but the flag light is a great idea, too.

porthole

Retired
Come on "photopete" - where is your flag picture?

Having only the laptop here at camp Delaware I don't have all my pictures. But I do have this one, nothing to do with camping, but one of my personal favorites.
This was taken at the top of Chimney Rock, North Carolina with two of my riding buddies. We have ridden 1000's of miles together.
The bloke on the left is Howie, left the Navy due to a car accident that severly injured his arm. Prior to that he worked for a unit that has been in the news lately.

Attachments

• D30_7680_b.jpg
    D30_7680_b.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 31

PhotoPete

Come on "photopete" - where is your flag picture?

Im working on it. my wife took a snap of me sitting by the camper the other day. i have to get it off her camera and into my computer. I'll post it as soon as i find her camera.

porthole

Retired
OK, here is mine from this weekend at HOT Delaware.

Attachments

• Delaware_July 2011_16_b.jpg
    Delaware_July 2011_16_b.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Delaware_July 2011_18_b.jpg
    Delaware_July 2011_18_b.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 33

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Absolutely..... Very proud to fly the American flag on top and MN flag underneath (though sometimes DW likes to fly the "Let's Party" flag underneath). The last things to respectfully put away at night and the first to go out in the morning! (should get a solar light though)

BruteForce

Not only do I have a 25' flag pole in front of my home (with a 5x8 US flag) that's fully illuminated at night, but I also fly a collapsible pole with 5x8 US flag on my 5'er every time we go out.

FoxHunt

We always fly the US Flag and she always has a light at night. In years past, we didn't always have a way to hang it, so we unwound some para-cord and strung her vertically between two trees. In lieu of a light, we used a torch to light it up. It was chilling seeing the flicker of the fire and the stars and bars hanging there. 100% of my parents children took the oath to uphold and defend this country and our Constitution. It is an honor to fly my Country's flag proudly.

Hillsononwheels, we are originally from WV as well and are graduates of WVU! I can't wait for Holgerson's football team to take the field in the Fall, it should be exciting!

DSC02005.jpg
Here is our newest set-up on the hard-side (the picture above was a trip with our pop-up)

photobucket-4024-1335813005963.jpg

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I fly Old Glory at home at the family cemetery and a flag pole buddie on the 5er.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

pegmikef

We fly one American Flag next to the lake at our residence in Texas and another one when we are camping. Here's a couple of pix.

Attachments

• upclose.JPG
    upclose.JPG
    464.1 KB · Views: 38
  • fromafar.JPG
    fromafar.JPG
    587.2 KB · Views: 37

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
We always fly the flag. CW now carrys the Flag Pole Buddy. A quick and easy way to display from the ladder. You can also buy direct. CW model is 12' height. But they make them in 16' and 20'. Gotta come up with a solar light for night time.

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
We fly the American Flag on top, followed by the US Army Flag along with the Blue Star Military Flag. We have a son serving overseas now. Its the least we can do for those who have sacrifice so much for our country.