Fogged up windows

JimHamlin

Hi there. We have a 2008 BigHorn 5th wheel that has 3 windows that apparently have lost their seal. I think the rig has the "arctic" package and has twin-pane glass. My question is whether or not you think we might have this taken care of at the upcoming national rally this Spring. Should I just contact customer service to pursue?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
They only do minor repairs at the rally....not sure customer service will have those windows in stock. There are a few companies that will repair those...our 2008 did the same thing.

Kosanko

When i saw the subject of this post, I thought it was going in a WHOLE different direction....reminded me of high school.....lol

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I doubt your '08 has the "artic package". Dual pane windows yes, but, they are not like a S/B house dual pane window. They do not have any gas between the pane's. The condensation will go away on its own. You could call, ask and maybe get some help....maybe. 6 to 7 years out of warranty is a long time.

jbeletti

Hi there. We have a 2008 BigHorn 5th wheel that has 3 windows that apparently have lost their seal. I think the rig has the "arctic" package and has twin-pane glass. My question is whether or not you think we might have this taken care of at the upcoming national rally this Spring. Should I just contact customer service to pursue?

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your window woes. Replacing windows is outside the scope of what will be done as minor repairs at the rally. Also, it's likely you have Hehr glass. We have been using Kinro for several years now and have no relationship with Hehr.

Here's the Hehr warranty

Here's their website

Here's Hehr's Indiana Plant contact info:
Indiana Window Plant
1101 N. Oak Road
P.O. Box 219
Plymouth, IN 46563-0219
Phone: 574-935-5122
Fax: 574-935-5745
Email: CSHehrIN@hehrintl.com

Give them a call on Monday. While they won't likely replace your windows, they may have ideas on how to repair them and they may be able to advise you on the cost/process to replace them.

JimHamlin

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your window woes. Replacing windows is outside the scope of what will be done as minor repairs at the rally. Also, it's likely you have Hehr glass. We have been using Kinro for several years now and have no relationship with Hehr.

Here's the Hehr warranty

Here's their website

Here's Hehr's Indiana Plant contact info:
Indiana Window Plant
1101 N. Oak Road
P.O. Box 219
Plymouth, IN 46563-0219
Phone: 574-935-5122
Fax: 574-935-5745
Email: CSHehrIN@hehrintl.com

Give them a call on Monday. While they won't likely replace your windows, they may have ideas on how to repair them and they may be able to advise you on the cost/process to replace them.

Thanx for your reply & suggestion . . . I sent Hehr an email today.

Bones

When i saw the subject of this post, I thought it was going in a WHOLE different direction....reminded me of high school.....lol

That camper be rockin and rollin...... :cool:.

BTW I like your rig. looks good.