Folding handle outside door

Desertrat

The foam wrap that came with the trailer is cracking and falling
apart. What have some of you used to relace this?

Westwind

When our's let go on our previous TT I cleaned it off and left it off, we made out fine without it. Something else that might work is the tape that you wrap on bicycle handlebars. It will give you the grip that you want and can be easily replaced when the time comes.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My concern with wrapping with a glue-back tape is what happens when it gets warm and older. Then you're getting a mitt full of sticky. And vinyl tapes shrink, leaving the glue behind. Would Rescue Tape work in this application to provide a cushion grip?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Would Rescue Tape work in this application to provide a cushion grip?

I have the same question. Does it leave anything on your hands if it is wrapped around the bar?

Ken & Kathy... Any thoughts... is this another use for that great product?

BC

Go to a good sporting goods store and get bat handle wrap. Comes in different colors, does not rub off on hands and sticks for ever.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My concern with wrapping with a glue-back tape is what happens when it gets warm and older. Then you're getting a mitt full of sticky. And vinyl tapes shrink, leaving the glue behind. Would Rescue Tape work in this application to provide a cushion grip?

That is one of Rescue Tape's many uses...makes the best handgrips, bar none. It's lack of adhesive means it leaves nothing behind and it will retain just enough of a "tacky" feel, making it perfect for tools, handles, golf clubs, etc.

Westwind

The last handlebar tape I used did not have glue on it, but you wrapped over the end when you started and did the same on the opposite end but used the end cap which you wouldn't on the trailer handle.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Some high quality 3M electrical tape will take care of the loose end the you normally would use an end cap. If you get the right stuff, it will stay in good shape for a long time without getting icky.

Desertrat

I wondered about rescue tape looksd like it would do the job. I also looked
at tennis raquet wraps, the just did not look long enough.

Thanks for some good ideas.

bdb2047

I replaced foam on ours had to take handle off but easy to do.Handle is screwed to trailer will need new sealant,I used putty tape.One push on retainer to remove on one end and it comes off handle.Removed old foam used soap to slide new on.10/15 min to do have seen replacement foam at most dealer parts dept.Handle can get hot in sun without something on it.