For the campers that are: Active Military, National Guard, Reservists, Retired, 100% DAV. DoD Civilians

fdajnowicz

There is a U.S. Military Campground Directory on the internet that you can try for free for 7 days. If it fills your need, take a look at this web page for more info: http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/n...military-campgrounds-directory/4-milcamps-dir . I got my copy until Dec, 2013 for $11.95/yr. If you are Active Military, National Guard, Reservists, Retired, 100% DAV. DoD Civilians, you have the ability to use the Military Family camps. We just got back about 2 weeks ago from camping at Ft Meade RV Park on base. You do need a "Department Of Defense/Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card" (mine is a DD Form 2765 since I am 100% disabled by the VA). If you fit within the criteria of the Family Camp usage you can save some money on you camping fees.

Frank

jimtoo

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the information. Anything that will help our military folks is appreciated. This area has not been updated since we lost Lefty a year or so back. We have a lot of retired, disabled military folks here.

Thanks for your input and help. Enjoy the forum and your North Trail. Join us at a rally when you can.

Jim M

ParkIt

Frank, did they just start charging for them? Up until about 2 months ago I could look up and book online at any FamCamp anywhere.

Just clicked on your link, it has a disclaimer it is not the official FamCamp site but someone who has put together a comprehensive listing with a lot of bonus material that would come in handy. Might be nice to have, thanks for pointing this out for us Veterans :)

Lance & Jo

Morning Frank, have been useing www.militarycampgrounds.us for a couple years now and in fact am currently setting in Shields RV park in Gulfport (CB Base). Think the confusion is while there is no charge to use the on line web site there is a charge if you would like to have your own CD version to use while off line. This site gave me my first info on how many Defense related RV parks are available and is now the first place I look when trip planning.