For Your Info

pokypa

Repairs in 9 months on our NEW 2014 Big Horn

Vacuum cleaner replaced
Fireplace replaced
Kitchen drains leaking
Bathroom drains leaking
Sofa to close to wall and cut holes in wall
Fiberglass sidewall cracked (4ft section cut out)
Fiberglass sidewall cracked second time same place
Awning pulled loose from track on side
Microwave caught on fire when off (replaced)
6 point hydraulic system leaking
TV cable shorting out in ceiling (can not fix)
Hydraulic system popping after setup several days
Bedroom slide out won't go in (gearbox and motor replaced)
Water pump under furnace hose, had to be moved
TV antenna cable sets up one foot above A/C ( cut )
Converter under furnace hoses, had to be moved
TV goes down in cabinet, door broke off (replaced)
Complete window installed incorrect from factory ( replaced)
Outside shower hose won't come out, hangs on pipes
Front decal peeling, needs replaced
Sawdust and installation falls out of a/c vents
Cabinet door in bathroom fell off
Shower door handles fell off
Got three more months of warranty
If this is quality, well you tell me. I might get ....... one time but not twice. Been camping for 22 years and never had such poor workmanship. Heartland you should be ashamed to let my Big Horn out the door.

pegmikef

If this is quality, well you tell me. I might get ....... one time but not twice. Been camping for 22 years and never had such poor workmanship. Heartland you should be ashamed to let my Big Horn out the door.

I agree and I am really mystified. It is as if your rig was made somewhere else. I have had my Big Horn for just over a year and have about 8,000 miles on it and the only repair I have had to make was to replace the door lock (which HL sent me).

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It looks like some of the issues have been repaired or replaced. How about the other things?

We're sorry to hear of problems like this and I hope your dealer is addressing everything for you.

pokypa

Yes the dealer has replaced or repaired most all issue. Every time we have planned a trip we have had to come back home because of break downs. The unit has been at the dealership longer than we have been using it. When we leave on a trip we wonder what will happen this time. I have pleaded with Heartland and the dealer to take this unit back and give us another unit. Both told us that it will never happen. They both said we will repair it under warranty until that ends. I will never buy another Heartland RV. This unit had no quality control whatsoever. Well the proof is in the pudding, and we are stuck with some bad pudding.

rk45

We feel your pain our list of things that have gone wrong with our 2014 Bighorn is very very long! We have spent more time in Camping World parking lots waiting for parts & repairs from day 2! Very disappointing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokypa

I bought the Big Horn because of Heartland's reputation. A friend of our's had a Heartland RV and spoke very highly of them. I have found that Heartland looks out for #1 and will leave you setting on the side of the road. When our bedroom slide was out and would not come in I called Heartland Customer Service. They told me it was nothing they could do and if I needed help to call Norco who makes the electric slide. They were no help whatsoever, just left me setting. I call a local RV service mobile and had to dismantle the works in order to get it back home and back to the dealer. I have no respect for Heartland or their products. You can take me off this forum, but you haven't walked in my shoes.

dbbls59

It is sad but that seems to be the normal for the RV industry in general. All brands have their share of lemons, I think I have a lemon also. My list is as long as yours. Remember, all the parts that go into a unit were bought on the lowest bid. I heard from an RV tech that a BIG retailer is telling the RV manufactures what they will give for a unit and the manufactures are making them cheaper to meet that price. Like Wal Mart does to its suppliers.

rk45

We are sorry we bought a Heartland Bighorn ! This product should have never been on a RV lot for sale ! In one year it has been one big headache !!! Won't be looking at Heartland products ever again !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Unfortunately Heartland (and every employer in the world) has to hire from the human race. I've often thought if there was a test to join the Human Race, there would be a bunch more monkeys swinging in trees!!! The first year we had our Elk Ridge it seemed that it was at the dealer more than we had it. Nothing major, but just aggravating, after the warranty was up I was pretty apprehensive about the future. But so far (knock on wood) just small things cropping up from time to time & easy fixes. I've often heard that you don't want to buy a car that was built on a Monday or Friday. Employees were recovering from the weekend on Monday & dreaming about the weekend on Friday. We went to the factory to see our coach on the line being built...on a Tuesday afternoon, it was 99% completed they were going over it doing the last minute stuff, so guess what...99% of the build was on MONDAY!

I hate to see that you have had that many problems with your Bighorn. I also have a new 2014 Bighorn, and we have had some of the same issues, but my list is actually longer than yours.

SilverRhino

I am concerned reading all the posts about new HL products have such poor quality control and workmanship. Seems that instead of buying up new lines like Thor, they might be better off addressing issues with the lines currently being produced.

pegmikef

Then there are people like me who also own a 2014 Big Horn and have pulled it 9,935 miles (just looked at my log) in less than a year and a half and have suffered only a bad door lock (which HL replaced after one phone call) and a couple of drawer bottoms coming loose which were easily fixed. I ordered mine and tried to anticipate some of the problems I had read about such as poor quality tires and marginal axles so I ordered GY614s and upgraded axles among other things. This is my third HL rig in five years and the first one I have had a warranty issue (the lock) with. (let's not talk about blow max tires though on my other rig)

JanAndBill

And us with a 2013 BH with 20k over the road. Had some minor issues taken care of under warranty but other then that it's only had a few odds and ends that I've fixed myself.

To be fair, I should add that even though I have had a lot of issues with my Bighorn, everything has been fixed. It has been at Camping World for long periods of time that I was not able to use the Bighorn and that did not make for a happy situation-making a payment and paying lot rent and not being able to use it. I have used it twice in December and had no issues. Maybe everything is now repaired. Biggest concern is what happens when factory warranty ends and everything starts to break again. I continue to have a positive attitude. Art and Cindy at heartland have been very helpful through all of this.