Ford DRW Tire Rotation Question

porthole

Retired
I guess I should of clarified. I have 2 steel inner wheels, 2 outer aluminum wheels, and 2 inner/front aluminum wheels.

I guess I should have clarified:
Does the Ram DRW trim levels allow for different wheel options?
Does the GM-GMC DRW trim levels allow for different wheel options?

The Ford DRW only has one choice, front aluminum, rear outer aluminum, rear inner steel, universal spare steel

inner/front aluminum wheels.

What does this mean? You can swap your front wheels to the rear inner if necessary?

- - - Updated - - -

I replaced my front tires at 48,300 miles
Rear and front at 77,900 miles
The rears at 78,000 miles are still good enough to go on the truck if and when I trade.

I should have added to this post that when I changed the front and rears at 77,900, the fronts were still good.
I did all 6 because I bought a set of six wheel and tire new vehicle takeoffs.

The set of six wheels, tires and caps was $1500 delivered. Can't beat that.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What does this mean? You can swap your front wheels to the rear inner if necessary?
The backside of the aluminum wheels are not polished. I guess they could be rotated but it wouldn't look too good.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
The backside of the aluminum wheels are not polished. I guess they could be rotated but it wouldn't look too good.

Peace
Dave

Then going back to the OP post, his thread would be Ford specific as the aluminum Ford wheels are not interchangeable, polished or not.

hoefler

On all of the makes, the aluminum wheels are only polished on one side depending on the position it is intended to be mounted on. Same wheel.

dykesj11

Yep. At Discount Tire this morning getting new set. Guy just confirmed what hoefler said. He said all have same rotation - move to same relative position, opposite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

porthole

Retired
On all of the makes, the aluminum wheels are only polished on one side depending on the position it is intended to be mounted on. Same wheel.

Like I said, the three are different. The aluminum wheels are not polished or clear coated on one side.
On the unpolished side they are rough enough that trying clean them would be difficult at best. And after 40-50,000 miles not presentable to be flipped.

rxbristol

If you had cheap steel rims like mine, it wouldn't make any difference--swap around to your hearts content and reinstall the simulators. :p

justafordguy

6 matching steel wheels are standard on ford F350 dually trucks in the XL and XLT trim packages. Only Lariat packages and up come with the three different (aluminum and steel) wheel combo standard.

Bones

All this talk about wheels is making me want to put some cool custom rims on my rig. :D