FOUND: Touch-up paint included?

JBoyerinAbq

During our PDI yesterday, one of the gentlemen going through the paperwork in the "blue Heartland bag" mentioned that normally there are small bottles of touch up paint included. Is that true or is he mistaking the Landmark with another brand??? Did anyone with a 365 get touch-up paint included?

Thanks all! Safe travels.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Touch-up paint included?

I suggest that you look through all the drawers and cabinets for the touch-up paint.
If you don't find it give a call to Heartland Customer Service. Have your VIN and paint code handy.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ours was in the drawer under the steps to the bedroom.
4 bottles 1 of eash color.
b48fe2f75373ce95c2d588dbeb0b2511.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JBoyerinAbq

Thanks - I guess I didn't look as closely as I thought - I don't even remember seeing a drawer in the steps. Maybe I better start wearing my glasses.

pday1213

Yes I believe that the full body paint coaches come with extra bottles of touch up paint. Ours was in one of the kitchen drawers. Also there is a sticker inside the kitchen pantry door that has the paint color names and codes if you need any additional made.

ksucats

You might want to look / find them sooner than later. Our 'black' bottle was not sealed and leaked all over the others and into the drawer itself. Local dealer cleaned it up as best they could but drawer interior still shows the result :cool:. We (well they I guess) were lucky it didn't spill outside the drawer. BTW - we have not asked for a replacement drawer (or paint bottle).

Our dealer provided us with a complete package containing all the colors in our San Antonio Edition told me to call if I ever needed more.

JBoyerinAbq

Again - a big thank you to all who pointed in places to look for the paint. We did indeed have three bottles, finally discovered wrapped in the plastic packaging for the two folding chairs, located under the king bed. I had given up on the paint when I decided to take the folding chairs out of the unit for storage, booohyah, you could spy them through the plastic wrapping.

Safe travels all!

busted2341

Thanx for sharing. As we speak, we are looking for the paint there as well. Nothing. I called Mikes Custom Painting and was told they ship the little bottles with the coach. I asked for them to send me some and was told they cannot ship paint through the mail. They sent me paint codes and brand. I guess I have to purchase the little bottles. Hope it's not sold by the gallon.

JBoyerinAbq

I'm sure you have looked the rig over - but just in case, these are the places I've been told, read or heard of the paint bottles being located.

-in the small drawer in the three steps
-under the living room tv
-under the bed (as ours were)
-in the back of the washer/dryer prep cabinet
upper bathroom vanity cabinet

That's a pain that they can't ship paint. Interesting because I get paint all the time, but not in plastic bottles...

Oh well - good luck, safe travels.

Jeff

danemayer

Paint can be shipped, but I'm told that EPA rules require special hazardous material handling and packaging. There may also be paperwork. As you might expect, companies not in the business of shipping paint wouldn't want to go through the rigamarole for a $15 sale.

danemayer

Here's an idea:

At the North American Rallies in Goshen (next one in 2017), there's an area where vendors can peddle their wares. Maybe some enterprising Heartland owner can get the paint info and work with the paint vendor to put together kits for sale at the rally. No shipping required.

JBoyerinAbq

You nailed it Dan. People will always be in need of touch-up paint and what we did get, will get old and need replacing at some point. I know I'd buy a set without a seconds thought!

jeff