Four years ago today . . . October 2, 2010!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I quit smoking (cigarettes) . . . cold turkey!

After 35 years of lighting up and loving every puff of it!

It is easy to quit . . . I've done it hundreds of times! :p

Of course it took a trip to the ER with other health problems (and having a stroke three weeks later 10-22-2010) . . . but I am still not smoking today!

Just thought I'd share the anniversary with y'all!

(edit - I am 54 years old, born 7-10-1960)

Snow

that's great ,yhis is my eighth year and although I really don't fill any better , and sometimes when I smell one its kills me , but don't have plans on lighting up again! congrats again "snow"

bob34787

3 years for me and after smoking for 43 years and I would start again today if I were not so cheap! and I agree I feel no better than before I quit

JohnD

3 years for me and after smoking for 43 years and I would start again today if I were not so cheap! and I agree I feel no better than before I quit

If anything . . . the $40 a week savings for a carton of cigs should be enough!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I quit a two pack a day habit 38 years ago, cold turkey. I smoked for 15 years before quitting. Took about 5 years or so before I was fully over it. Eventually, food tastes better and you don't get winded just walking a few yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

I quit almost 3 years ago after 34 years of smoking. I actually feel much better than I did when I quit. I have more energy and don't get winded just getting up from my chair. I'm 55 now and have outlived my father (died at 52 from lung cancer) and my step-father (died at 51 from a heart attack). Both were heavy smokers.

On my one year anniversary, I treated myself to a really nice camera body (Canon 5D Mark II) that I had wanted for quite some time. It was $1800, which represented a year's worth of cigarette money.

JohnD

I quit almost 3 years ago after 34 years of smoking. I actually feel much better than I did when I quit. I have more energy and don't get winded just getting up from my chair. I'm 55 now and have outlived my father (died at 52 from lung cancer) and my step-father (died at 51 from a heart attack). Both were heavy smokers.

On my one year anniversary, I treated myself to a really nice camera body (Canon 5D Mark II) that I had wanted for quite some time. It was $1800, which represented a year's worth of cigarette money.

Cool!

I'm in the photographic equipment sales business, so I know where you are coming from!

What I've noticed since I quit smoking is that not only do I have more money to spend (on trailers and trucks) . . . but now I seem to like food that I couldn't stand before!

szewczyk_john

I quit in 1996 by swearing that I would never smoke in my brand new Ram pick up. Then when I started to make the payments, I couldn't afford the price of the smokes anyway. I had a new truck, a healthier lifestyle, and was still broke all the time. Nothing has changed since then except for the toys got larger and even more expensive.

etcmss

congrats to all that have quit. I quit last year March (40 + years) and do feel better and can taste food and smeller works better. the money saved pays for my golf membership.
Gary

JohnD

I quit in 1996 by swearing that I would never smoke in my brand new Ram pick up.

Just sold my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 about a month ago . . .

I loved that truck . . . owned it longer than any vehicle I've ever had over the years!

But it just wasn't up to the task of pulling our trailer where we are planning on going in the future (the Rocky Mountains and beyond).

EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194212486.jpg DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194233999.jpg

The first shot was taken moments before we left our camp site in Estes Park, Colorado to head home from what turned out to be it's last trailer pull for us . . . the second and third shots I took just before the new owner pulled away from our house with his new truck!

The new owner is moving back to the east coast (Rochester, NY) from Colorado and needed something to haul his restored car collection back there.

He has been keeping in touch with me to let me know how the truck is working.

He has already made two trips back there without any issues and has one more to go.