Frame flex

We have a 2007 Bighorn 3055R
I can see a 3/4" gap at the radius of the overhang on the passengers side when compared to on and off the truck.
Can anyone tell me what probably happened, what is the cause, what is the cure and who in Southern Ca is qualified to repair frames?

This is my first posting so not sure of procedure.

Ray Dunn

danemayer

Hi raydunn513,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find it's a great resource and there are a great bunch of people willing to share what they've learned.

Pictures would be helpful.

You may want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin # handy, and they may want to see pictures. They may be able to give you some direction. They'll probably ask for pictures too.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I fixed mine by replacing the screws that hold the front compartment frame work to the body side frame work. You might scan thought my thread on my repair. Has been fine ever since. There are some pix towards the end of the thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...-it-frame-sag-at-the-front-overhang?highlight=

nscaler2

We had exactly the same problem. Took it to a Heartland dealer who is really great Chetopa RV in Chetopa Kansas. The repair involved removing the front cap so that they could get to all the framework involved. They discovered and sent digital photos to me, of multiple welds that had cracked and two areas where metal had actually sheared apart. They repaired the welds and added additional gussets and attached the side walls to the frame in a different manner than the factory had done. Total repair bill was near $2000. They did a good job. We have traveled ab out 3000 miles with it since and have not seen anymore movement. Until somebody can prove to me that LIPPERT, the frame manufacturer has solved their quality problems, I will never own another 5th wheel built on a Lippert frame.

donr827

Have any newer Bighorns, 2011 and newer, had this problem or has this type of problem been solved.
Don

Lebo

Hi Tom I think i have frame flex problem also . Would be possible to get the photo's of the cracks in the frame or could post the photo's.
Lebo

danemayer

Hi Lebo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you can see, there's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share.

Could you post some pictures of what's causing you to think you have a flex problem.

Hi raydunn513,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find it's a great resource and there are a great bunch of people willing to share what they've learned.

Pictures would be helpful.

You may want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin # handy, and they may want to see pictures. They may be able to give you some direction. They'll probably ask for pictures too.

Thank you,
You got me on the right track. I have talked to the folks at the factory and they were a big help.
Ray

Westwind

Hi Folks - since some of your signatures don't have the year & model number of your FW it would be helpful to the rest of us if you would list it in
your posting. Thanks