Frame work under the plastic

usnthedog

I want to anchor my front garage skirt with 1/4" eyebolts into the framework around the edge of the 5th wheel overhang. Since it is all enclosed I can't see what is under it. I don't want to tear it all off to see. Has anyone had the frame uncovered to see or found drawing of the frame on a Greystone 32RE?

Thanks,
Jeff

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I want to anchor my front garage skirt with 1/4" eyebolts into the framework around the edge of the 5th wheel overhang. Since it is all enclosed I can't see what is under it. I don't want to tear it all off to see. Has anyone had the frame uncovered to see or found drawing of the frame on a Greystone 32RE?

Thanks,
Jeff

Not a Greystone, but this is a Big Country we saw during the factory tour. You might be able to locate the frame members with a Zircon stud finder (one that is made to locate metal studs, too).

View attachment 14055View attachment 14056

caissiel

The 2 front beam can be located at the pin box frame area and along the side.
It looks like there is no other reachable beams except at the back by the wall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The smaller longitudinal members in the photo between the larger frame members actually do not contact the wood floor above. The bottom of those pieces are in line with the bottoms of the larger members. One of those is where the clip to hold the garage door is mounted. Just knocking around on mine of the side of the garage door without the clip, I can "feel" there is one there.

usnthedog

John,
In your second picture there is an angle welded to the side. Do you think the outside wall sets on this, meaning the channel frame is in 2" or so from the out side surface?? Great picture, thanks.

Jeff