fresh water capacity and indication

ogoodwin

My fresh water indications seem to be very inaccurate...I know the light systems are fairly crude, but mine drop from full to empty very rapidly, then while on empty I can get several showers and dish washings before actually running out. When filling, it goes from empty to full (indication) way too fast. Is there an adjustment? Is this a float system, or is it identical to the wastewater indication system? Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi ogoodwin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

No it is not a float system. Sensors are mounted on the side of the tanks. I would suggest you contact your dealer and have them take a look.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

silverhawk

Hi ogoodwin. We just took out our ER 34QSRL for the first time and noticed the same issues with our gauges. We would fill our fresh water . . . gauges would show full . . . within a couple of hours it went from full to 1/3 full. I only washed a few dishes and made a batch of ice tea so something is definitely wrong there. Also our black water indicator showed that our tank was 3/4 full but when we went to empty there was hardly anything in there. We are going to bring ours back to our dealer to get it looked at.

i have always had trouble with my black tank gauge. ive tried several thing with no help. i think its just the way they are. any suggestions to fix please drop ue a line

ogoodwin

Thanks everybody. The only one that seems bad is the fresh water. I'll live with it until later in the season when I'm not using the trailer so much.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What we use for driniking water is the Zero Water pitcher which you can get at Target. It does an excellent job of filtering the water. We also use the whole house filter on the water coming into the RV.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I moved the thread to a different area since the OP's question has been answered.