Fresh water tank slowly filling up while on city water.

Cds3100

I just had this same issue with my cyclone 3100, I bought a shurflo check valve ( all black plastic) and want to install this so it doesn't happen again. where is the best spot to install the check valve to prevent this from happening again

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The check valve will only stop it from pushing back through the pump. I think I've determined that it's my Anderson valve leaking by the o-rings and sending water to the tank when it is set on "CITY" I have not yet confirmed that by pulling the fresh water tank line off of the back of the Anderson valve yet.
Heartland is sending me a new valve so before I install it I'll do the test.
I e-mailed Josh at Heartland to send me a rebuild kit or a valve .... He said he would send me one right out at no charge. So I really don't know what I'm getting yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cds3100

Im not having a leak , just my tank was filling up on city water. I bought the check valve to prevent the issue , I just want to know which location to install it

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Im not having a leak , just my tank was filling up on city water. I bought the check valve to prevent the issue , I just want to know which location to install it
I do not have a leak either. It is leaking internally in the Anderson valve and sending water to the fill line to the fresh water tank.
I believe this (picture) is the fresh water tank fill line that the valve is sending water to.
When the valve is on CITY there should not be any water coming out of this port. Next time I pull the wall down to change the valve I will hook up the hose and remove that line, then put a short hose on it into a bucket or out on the ground.
Then turn the water on and with the valve set to "CITY" there should be no water coming out of that port. I'm pretty sure there will be right now and that is what's filling our tank
a7fc8ed8c9c548fa4ab9887759080781.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

In the past there's been some debate about which side of the pump to install the check valve. The Shurflo check valve documentation doesn't say.

My vote is for the output side. That keeps any city water from flowing backwards into the pump.

If you install it on the input side of the pump (the strainer bowl is on the input side), city water will be applying pressure to the pump and you'll be stopping the water after it goes through the pump.