Fresh Water Tank

jnspenc

BigSpenc
I had a 2011 Landmark and found that my water tank was holding less water than capacity. Now I have a 2015 Landmark Newport with the same thing. Instead of 110 gallons, it only holds 60 gallons. I know because I use a water meter. How can I get a new tank, if it collapsed like my 2011 did, this is a problem. The tank should be held together in a holding well, not just two metal straps. This is a problem and should be covered by warranty no matter how old the trailer is. I have not contacted Heartland yet, but just asking if anyone else has had the same problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G_S

Let us know how that works out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

To my knowledge, the Landmark has an 80 gallon fresh water tank. I believe the 100+ gallon capacity spec comes from adding in the volume of water in the water heater and lines.

On my previous Landmark, I had the tank out on my garage floor and I carefully metered the water going into it and came up with 80 gallons.

That your getting 60 seems to be a problem. Are all of your fresh water tank vents clear and open?

jnspenc

BigSpenc
To my knowledge, the Landmark has an 80 gallon fresh water tank. I believe the 100+ gallon capacity spec comes from adding in the volume of water in the water heater and lines.

On my previous Landmark, I had the tank out on my garage floor and I carefully metered the water going into it and came up with 80 gallons.

That your getting 60 seems to be a problem. Are all of your fresh water tank vents clear and open?

Yes, both vents are open.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had a 2011 Landmark and found that my water tank was holding less water than capacity. Now I have a 2015 Landmark Newport with the same thing. Instead of 110 gallons, it only holds 60 gallons. I know because I use a water meter. How can I get a new tank, if it collapsed like my 2011 did, this is a problem. The tank should be held together in a holding well, not just two metal straps. This is a problem and should be covered by warranty no matter how old the trailer is. I have not contacted Heartland yet, but just asking if anyone else has had the same problem.

I've found that those water flow meters are not very accurate.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
I used to get 100 gallons. The first day I purchased the Newport, that’s what I got, I tested it to make sure. I was at the dealers when I tested it.

Oregon_Camper

Hi Jim - I had a 5 gallon bucket that had a graduated scale on the side. I tested my flow meter with the bucket. Pretty sure I'm right on with my 80 gallon measurement. No way to retest now though.

Jim....My question was to OP's water gauge, not yours. :cool::cool::cool:

LBR

I ran a test on our CY....water heater was full....emptied the advertised 100 gallon fresh tank completely...tilted the CY towards driver side and then lifted and lowered fore and aft to get that last drop out...lol.

Leveled the CY and used the same $15 water meter most of you have...it took 99.7 gallons...bada.bing, bada.boom...happy with this meter!

jbeletti

Jim....My question was to OP's water gauge, not yours. :cool::cool::cool:
Right Jim - but I think the OP measured well below what he felt it should hold. In Imperial units, he'd read more on the meter than if it was calibrated to US gallons. That said, I've only had one cup of coffee today - so I may be a bit "off" :)

Oregon_Camper

Right Jim - but I think the OP measured well below what he felt it should hold. In Imperial units, he'd read more on the meter than if it was calibrated to US gallons. That said, I've only had one cup of coffee today - so I may be a bit "off" :)

Time to grab that second cup of coffee.... :)

60 Imperial gallons (what he is seeing) would be around 72 US gallons.