Fresh water vent tube on Landmark 365 Ashland leaking when tank is only 2/3's full

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have a vent drain over the rear axle on drivers side of My 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland the always pours' water out when I'm driving forward or backwards. The fresh water tank is not even full, gauge reads 2/3's. Does anyone else have this issue ?

danemayer

Don't count on the gauge being accurate. Your tank may actually be full. Some people have added cutoff valves to the overflow fittings. But if you do, it's really important to open them before filling the tank.

And if you had a malfunction where the tank filled by itself, you could have a problem.

So if you add cutoff valves, maybe just use them while actually towing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Don't count on the gauge being accurate. Your tank may actually be full. Some people have added cutoff valves to the overflow fittings. But if you do, it's really important to open them before filling the tank.

And if you had a malfunction where the tank filled by itself, you could have a problem.

So if you add cutoff valves, maybe just use them while actually towing.

Thanks, that would give me one more thing to forget to do when I get to camp. LOL
I wish they had a visual sight on the fresh water tank like the old days. or a clear hose outside the frame rails to see the water level.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I think it may just be the sloshing of the tank water back and forth into the over fill tubes causing this. As long as they dont leat when stationary I don't think there is anything to worry about. We have a 2013 Key Largo and we have 2 visible overflow tubes, check to see if your second tube did not pull back into the underbelly of the coach. LED guage's are really just an approximate reading of volume in all tanks, black, grey and fresh.