Freshwater Tank keeps filling

rpoplin

We have a 2019 29BHP and took it out for the first time this years only to find that when we hook up to city water our freshwater tank is filling. Any solutions how to fix this? Wasn’t sure if there was a value that maybe got adjusted or what’s causing this.

Dahillbilly

you can try changing the Anderson valve to different positions & back to CITY. Make sure the pressure has been released on the system by opening a hot & cold faucet before changing positions. Otherwise it's the check valve mentioned in post #2. Good luck

carl.swoyer

The oring inside the plastic valve has been damaged or moved .I replaced mine with the updated version. All metal ball valve.bit pricey but never a problem since replacement. Easy fix

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

We have a 2019 29BHP and took it out for the first time this years only to find that when we hook up to city water our freshwater tank is filling. Any solutions how to fix this? Wasn’t sure if there was a value that maybe got adjusted or what’s causing this.
Can you post a pic of the water inlet area, especially of the water valve?

BigFry

My tank was filling on city water as well. Wasn't sure if it was the Anderson valve or the water pump. I keep a water pump as a spare and swapped it out. That stopped the fresh water tank from filling. I ordered a new "head" for the water pump that contains the check valve, replaced it on the old pump, and now use it as my spare.

Routemaster

This help?

Attachments

• IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    954.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    758.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Damaged 4way.JPG
    Damaged 4way.JPG
    793.3 KB · Views: 13
It could be the water pump.. but it could also be the 4-WAY VALVE in the UDC... like mine was.
The valve gets a piece of dirt, grit, crapola, whatever you wanna call it, inside the valve body... and when you turn the valve it gets stuck between the ball and the seal. When it does, it gouges into the ball creating a ting crevice and a burr that eats into the conical nylon press-in seal surface. this allows water to bypass inside the valve to the other outlets and slowly fills your fresh water tank ima 1-2 days depending 0n the size of the breech.
If you have the panel that is black n white and has Dry Camp at the top, City on the right, Winterize at the bottom, and Tank Fill on the Left, The Anderson 4-way is only available as a complete assembly with the panel and water inlet connector (hose fitting). $189.99

Anderson Brass - MANRV101-FM - 4 Function - RV Fill Station - Anderson Valve - W/Check Valve and Plate​

Attachments

• 71olT-FS99L._AC_SX522_.jpg
    71olT-FS99L._AC_SX522_.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 716EUvvDveL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    716EUvvDveL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 6