Fridge Alarm When Slides Extended & Retracted

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
On our last trip, whenever weextended or retracted our slides our fridge would alarm. Has anybody run into this? My thinking is, my batteries are not up to snuff and there is a drop in voltage to the fridge. Everything still works OK but obviously something is not quite right. Doug

danemayer

I assume your fridge is located in a slide. I'd check the wiring going into the slide to see if something's pulling, or if insulation is being worn.

wdk450

On our last trip, whenever weextended or retracted our slides our fridge would alarm. Has anybody run into this? My thinking is, my batteries are not up to snuff and there is a drop in voltage to the fridge. Everything still works OK but obviously something is not quite right. Doug

I think your analysis is correct.

wdk450

The fridge isn't in a slide, there is 1 beep in the alarm.

Doug:
The heavy current draw on the battery when activating the slide motor will sometimes cause a voltage dip on the 12 volt DC battery supply throughout the trailer. I don't know your particular refrig and the meaning of its beeps and codes. I know that my 2 door dometic will sometimes shut down when I run the slides with a low battery. It will come back on after the slide motor is turned off.