Fridge on the road

wagenman

Thank you superduty08.. that was the sort of answer I was looking for... The whole flame thing while fueling is enough to make me not run it down the road anymore... That never even crossed my mind...

I am sure there are tons of reasons not to, I was just curious to know what others thoughts were on this....

The whole inverter idea is a great one...maybe you should sell it to Heartland...lol

Again thanks guys for the topic...I have learned a lot on this site already

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
DaleR, I used a small 750 watt inverter as I only power the frig (approx 300-350 watt). Once we get to a campground I change the frig power cord back to the shore power outlet and turn the inverter off.

Uncle Rog

37 Years of Experience..............

Howdy, the tech that installed my SBH kit on the horn yesterday confirmed that as long as the refer is in good working order and all lines are installed properly there is no reason not to travel with the unit running on gas. He has worked on gas fridges for 37 years and RV fires are usually caused by electrical problems, as was mentioned in an earlier post. He went on to say that, especialy, with the SBH kit installed the chance of any problem is even less................