Front ac 2014 key largo

MandA

Finally got to spend five nights in the new to us 2014 key largo. Front ac seems to labor and only pushes max air to the bathroom Hardleyany to the bedroom. How do I change this? Or do I have a problem that needs attention.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
How many exhaust vents do you have in your bedroom? On our Key Largo the AC exhaust is on the off door side and the inlet vents are on the door side. When we got our Key Largo it only had one AC exhaust vent and the dealer had to install one more by the closet. Now all is good

Rod

NHCelt

Try removing the vent cover at the first non working exhaust vent and using a small flashlight and your cellphone camera as a periscope, look into the duct-work. Mine was blocked by an incorrectly placed piece of Styrofoam. All 4 of the end of run vents were blocked...the foam is easily re-positioned.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds to me like you just need to add another vent in the bedroom like Rod did. I think the ducting has 2 runs the length of the ceiling front to rear. 1 intake and 1 exhaust. Pull out the farthest forward exhaust vent and stick a tape measure in there pushing forward, and see how far forward you can go. Then cut 5 inches off that and install another vent. or anywhere in there that would look good

mikeandconnie

Sound like mine and some other rigs I've work on. After making a repair they work wonderful with flow you can feel in the bed. I blocked directly behind the first vent in the bedroom and the last in the living room. Use some towels for now to check it. I also block the duct right after the bath vent, I have 2 zones now. I had way too much flow from the bath room so I used clear type and made the vent smaller. Both front and Back AC works wonderful. I did the same for a few friends complaining about their front AC and they are happy now. Our AC was blowing in the front and rear cap. I will PM you my number if you need more information. Mike

MandA

Thanks all for all the suggestions. Today I went to the bedroom checked the ducts. Two return and one that dumps cool air. One of the ducts for return air that has a filter was installed in the exit not the return. I changed this and the air flow is better and the dump into the bathroom is less. Will check it out when I can get to proper elec to run the ac.
still need to checkout the duct to see if they are dumping air into the nose cap. Thanks for all the info. You've saved me a lot of head aches.
M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
There needs to be a minimum of 2 AC exhaust vents in the bedroom. It is too much space for one and the AC Unit needs to have more exhaust vents in order to push the amount of air it is trying to push. As I stated in thread #2, I had the same problem as you when I took possession of our Key Largo, but Heartland authorized my dealership to put another exhaust vent in and have never had a problem since.

Rod

Thanks all for all the suggestions. Today I went to the bedroom checked the ducts. Two return and one that dumps cool air. One of the ducts for return air that has a filter was installed in the exit not the return. I changed this and the air flow is better and the dump into the bathroom is less. Will check it out when I can get to proper elec to run the ac.
still need to checkout the duct to see if they are dumping air into the nose cap. Thanks for all the info. You've saved me a lot of head aches.
M