Front stabilizer jacks on BH250

akaplan

Hi,

My husband and I just bought the BH250 (our first camper). We brought it home from the dealer on Wednesday, 2/22. Since it was the middle of the week, we weren't able to head out to a camp site, so we set it up for a dry run in our driveway immediately after getting it home (a 25-minute drive from the dealer). We discovered that the front stabilizer jacks were not working. When we press the button, nothing happens--it doesn't sound like the motor is activating at all. When the technician was showing us how to operate everything before we pulled it off the lot, I don't recall if he demonstrated that these worked at that time. The rear jack and the main hitch jack work just fine. My husband has checked the fuses and wiring and cannot see any obvious problems. Is there a hidden fuse or anything else we should be checking?

Thanks!
Ashley

danemayer

Re: Font stabilizer jacks on BH250

Hi Ashley,

Congratulations on the new Pioneer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you're not hearing any motor sounds, it does sound like your husband is on the right track checking fuses and wiring. If the motor is getting power but is stuck, with one person pressing the switch, the other might be able to feel/hear the motor trying to start.

When checking fuses, it's a good idea to use an ohm meter rather than just a visual check. With a visual check, if you can see damage, that's a reliable finding. But sometimes fuses can blow and you can't see the damage. So not seeing damage is not a reliable finding.

Sometimes the jacks and stabilizers get power from 12V DC mini-circuit breakers near the battery. They're typically auto-resetting, but you might take a look to see if perhaps you have a manual reset breaker. The breakers are usually covered by a red rubber boot.

Beyond that, to track down the problem, you might have to use a volt meter to check voltage at the motor and work backwards.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Font stabilizer jacks on BH250

Check the voltage at the switch, too. Some trailer models are known to have an inline fuse hidden someplace. The motors are not the most robust things, either, if they're anything like the ones HL/Lippert put on the rear stabilizers of our larger rigs. If you have voltage readings everywhere up to the connections to the motor, that may be your problem. A retractable ball point pen may be your friend. I've repaired two of them.