fuel milage

J

Jim_1899

I get 12 to 15 around town and 10 to 11 towing with the 2005 Ford F350 Crewcab 6.0 turbo diesel. I am just getting ready to roll over to 60,000.

Delaine and Lindy

Pulled the Landmark about 150 miles some interstate and mostly rolling hills on two lane road in Tennessee, got 10.5. Today left Tennessee and are in Missouri, and got 17.2 running mostly interstate 68 mpg
Truck has just over 4,000 miles. Still trying to find the sweet spot. We pull the 5er under 70 mph, mostly will run 68 while towing. Didn't bring the 5er due to Global warming 7 inches of Snow, Thanks big Al. GBY.....

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Mpg

I posted this earlier on another thread, figured I could put it here.

Just towed my Cyclone Sunday @ 150 miles - avg 10.6 mpg.
Solo Monday - 20 mpg, Tuesday - 23.4 mpg!

168,000 miles on Duramax; drive 1000-1500 mile/week

On Edit: Wed: 21 mpg on the way to the jobsite; 25.8 mpg w/very slight tail wind back to CG! :cool:

Last edited:

BluegrassMan

Guy's:
2 weeks ago I drove to KY 520mi, @ 65 and averaged 11.2 mpg. Coming back home I ran @ 70-75 the whole way home, averaged 11.2. I still think my mpg sucks, I now have just over 5000 mi on it, please tell me it WILL get better. When do they go back to the summer blend of fuel, it was $4.25 here this week.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Guy's:
2 weeks ago I drove to KY 520mi, @ 65 and averaged 11.2 mpg. Coming back home I ran @ 70-75 the whole way home, averaged 11.2. I still think my mpg sucks, I now have just over 5000 mi on it, please tell me it WILL get better. When do they go back to the summer blend of fuel, it was $4.25 here this week.

Your mileage will get better the more miles you rack up , another 5-10000 miles things will start improving in a hurry. I just turned 37000 miles and see a few tenths increase . I don't believe the newer diesels will get as good as the older with the regeneration mode sapping the extra fuel....Ken

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We took a 100 mi trip this weekend. Got 10mpg, and believe it or not it is up hill both ways. Fuel was $4.10 here on Friday:mad:. Bob :D:D:eek:

Loco

13-15 around town, 18-19 HWY truck only. 8-11 with Cyclone loaded with two Harleys @ 65-70mph

mikemcd

We have Sierra 3500 with the Duramax/Allison and Pulling a 36' Bighorn.

Just returned from Florida to Michigan and got 10 mpg average with the

Trailer and 19 mpg truck only. We highly recommend the GM w/ diesel

Mike

NoneCan some of you guys give me an idea as to diesel fuel mileage you average and what kind of tow vehicle?
We're in the middle of purchasing a landmark Pinehurst. Just finished local show and 4 units (Pinehurst) sold. That dealer sold 11 units so I guess the recession is not stopping rv'ers

t&m

Thanks guys,We just ordered a left over 07 dodge 3500 mega cab, 6.7 cummins with the exhuast brake. We pick up our landmark pinehurst 3-22-08.

nhunter

Guy's:

I won't lie to you. It (probably) won't get better. Mine has gotten the same milage since day one and I now have 70000m on it. My 04 got 13mpg empty since new and got rid of it @ 106000m and still got 13. At least the 06 gets 18mpg. Identical trucks, options and gearing and 5mpg difference. Go figure!

BluegrassMan

I'll try to keep positive thoughts, hoping it gets broke-in before I go broke. I know the truck itself is heavy, over 8000 lbs, the new smoke-soot crap, 4:30 screw etc. I'm just hoping for 13-14 maybe. One thing I do know, it won't get overloaded :) .

Delaine and Lindy

Denny, Don't know which F-450, Job 1, Job 2, or Job 3. If you have the 4.88 rear gear your mileage want get much better. In Job 3 F-450 you can no longer order or get the 4.88 rear gear, it comes with the 4.30 rear gear. However they are installing a larger air dam on the front to try and improve the mileage. Have read were some say (take that with a grain of salt) they are getting a little better mileage. The mileage with the 4.88 isn't going to be good, but remember as you say you want over load it by pulling a 5th wheel. Also you might keep your eye on the Radiator have been some leaks. The new DPF system that our EPA wacko's forced on the Diesel, is another big problem for Diesel mileage. All the Diesels aren't getting as good a mileage as the past. Thanks to those EPA wacko's. GBY....

Denny I don't own a Ford Super Duty so the above info is from reading the Ford site. Good Luck...

bcaughey

We just picked up our 2008 Cyclone 3795 with our 2008 2500HD Silverado with the duramax and I was hoping for 11+mpg on the trip 125 mile trip home. It started out looking bad at 9.9mpg but then remembered to put the transmission it trailer mode. At 55mph the rpm's went from 1500 to 1650 and the mileage jumped to 13.5 and held there until traffic got thick and had to do some stop and go. Got it home with 12.8. Normally this truck get 21-22mph on the highway no load at 65mph. I'm pretty happy with those numbers.

vangoes

Just recently took advantage of the huge discounts being offered and purchased a '08 Ford and traded my '04. I got 18.7 bobtailing home (a 220 mile trip) and have gotten 16.4 combination city/highway since. The trip to Branson will be the first trip pulling the BH with this truck so I hope I'm not in for a shock. My '04 mileage had dropped to 9.5 from 12 towing since having to burn ultralow so I'm certainly hoping it won't be worse than that. (Now the next step is to have my head examined....buying a new trick in this economy!!!! Da!)

Last edited:

CGibson

In our '08 Dodge Megacab 3500 4x4 pulling our Big Horn 3400 RE, we have been averaging about 10-11 mpg. We have only pulled down the Seward highway where it is pretty hilly. We have noticed that it keeps getting better the more we tow with it. We have only been out on 4 trips with it.