Fuel Station Not Functioning

ChrisinNH

We have a new 2022 F287 toy hauler.

Two odd issues..

1. Fuel Station won't turn on. Is there an On/Off switch somewhere that I missed? (btw - fuel tank is full) In the research I've done I've read about a switch to turn on the timer (where is the switch!!!). I even called Heartland RV support and he suggested holding the "off" button for 30 seconds to wake it up from sleep mode.
2. Generator (Onan 4000) won't start at all. Prime it for 30 seconds as instruction says to, starts to turn over and nodda.

Any chance the two are somehow related??

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

Hollandt

We have a new 2022 F287 toy hauler.

Two odd issues..

1. Fuel Station won't turn on. Is there an On/Off switch somewhere that I missed? (btw - fuel tank is full) In the research I've done I've read about a switch to turn on the timer (where is the switch!!!). I even called Heartland RV support and he suggested holding the "off" button for 30 seconds to wake it up from sleep mode.
2. Generator (Onan 4000) won't start at all. Prime it for 30 seconds as instruction says to, starts to turn over and nodda.

Any chance the two are somehow related??

Thanks in Advance,

Chris
As for #2. I have a 2018 Fuel 305 and I had to adjust the automatic choke significantly tighter(closed) to get it to start anytime it was cold. Also when very cold(30 degrees) I still have to sometimes manually hold the choke closed till the first crank. When you prime the unit you should hear the fuel pump on the generator running.

#1 To my knowledge I do not have a second switch on the fuel station, but I think I recall seeing a inline fuse next to the tank under the trailer, in the wiring harness, when I had the replace my suction hose due to squirrels eating hole in it.

Hope this helps,

jmarnell

In our Cyclone, there is a rocker switch in the main control panel that turns on the 15 minute timer for the fuel pump. You have to turn that on first, then turn on the lever at the fuel pump to dispense fuel. On the generator, does your Fuel have 1 or 2 fuel tanks? Our Cyclone has 2 tanks. The front tank is for the generator, and the rear tank is for the fueling station.

Attachments

• Fuel Station Switch.jpg
    Fuel Station Switch.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

ChrisinNH

In our Cyclone, there is a rocker switch in the main control panel that turns on the 15 minute timer for the fuel pump. You have to turn that on first, then turn on the lever at the fuel pump to dispense fuel. On the generator, does your Fuel have 1 or 2 fuel tanks? Our Cyclone has 2 tanks. The front tank is for the generator, and the rear tank is for the fueling station.
Thanks for the reply. Our Fuel may (or may not) have a switch that turns on the timer. If it does, I can't find the darn thing! (We have one tank on our toy hauler and it's shared with both the fuel station and the generator.

I also have a Cyclone with two tank and fuel pump timer sw. And on off sw on fuel pump.
However. My fuel pump does appear to run nor does it pump any fuel
Check all the Fuzes and breaker
Any suggestions or thoughts?
Thanks

LBR

I also have a Cyclone with two tank and fuel pump timer sw. And on off sw on fuel pump.
However. My fuel pump does appear to run nor does it pump any fuel
Check all the Fuzes and breaker
Any suggestions or thoughts?
Thanks
If the pump runs but doesn't pump fuel, it has to be the pump, or the nozzle trigger isn't opening to allow fuel out....should be easy to figure that out.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Hollandt

If the pump runs but doesn't pump fuel, it has to be the pump, or the nozzle trigger isn't opening to allow fuel out....should be easy to figure that out.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
If the pump does runs the suction side could have a hole in it but, i also had to put some fuel in the discharge side by pouring some into it and allow the fuel to drain back into the pump. The pump had dried out and would not pump but pumped fine after priming it.

LBR

If the pump does runs the suction side could have a hole in it but, i also had to put some fuel in the discharge side by pouring some into it and allow the fuel to drain back into the pump. The pump had dried out and would not pump but pumped fine after priming it.
And they didn't mention anything about having any fuel in the tank to pick up...yet another idea, eh?

The pump does not run. Not sure which is the suction side nor understand about putting fuel in the discharge side. And yes
The tank is full.
I wish I could find a wire diagram to see if the pump is getting any power.
I'm a lost.
Thanks for all your thoughts and advice. I
Really appreciate them.
Just frustrated that I can not figure this out

david-steph2018

The pump does not run. Not sure which is the suction side nor understand about putting fuel in the discharge side. And yes
The tank is full.
I'm a lost.
Really appreciate them.
The timer switch inside, have you checked it to see if there is power coming out of the switch?

david-steph2018

The light comes on but no I haven't checked.
I will. Thanks
If there is power coming out of the switch, chase the wire. Near the fuel station on our rig is an in-line fuse. Make sure the fuse was installed, or that it is not blown for some reason.
Also, check and make sure the in-line fuse is not installed near the timer switch before you start looking near the fuel station.

Hollandt

The tank is full.
I'm a lost.
Really appreciate them.
Here is some info but I could not find a wiring diagram.

Attachments

• ECI - Under Chassis Fuel System User's Manual.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 16
  • ECI-Fuel-System-Dual-30-30-Tank-Hose System-Installation-Diagram-01-29-2021.pdf
    402.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Fuel Station - Quick Start Guide.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 19