Fuel tank

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's awesome !! I can't believe how much nicer it is to have the 48gollon I have now. You wouldn't think 14 more gallons would make that big of difference.
Well until you pull up to the pump. The pump shut me off at $100 the other day and it wasn't full yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

alexb2000

I also have the Titan tank in my F250. If you know a friendly dealer or independent with an IDS you can have your distance to empty set to 50 gallons in about two minutes.

Nice to see 900 miles to empty on the dash!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the RDS 60 gallon, gravity feed with a shallow tool box on top that fits under the bed cover. Real nice that it's covered when not towing so nobody knows it is there.

IronJ

I have the titan replacement...you can buy a Bluetooth obd reader and use the forscan app to reset the tank size and other stuff...if your computer savy...either way awsome addition...long way you can go on 65gal!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Oregon_Camper

Installed my 45 gallon Aux tank back in April and loving it! Fits under my rolling cover, so it is out of site (when not towing)

Have a switch wired inside cab of truck, that allows me to turn the pump on/off, so I control when the fuel will be transferred.

This is not my truck (just picture from internet), but my tank looks like this installed in my F-350.

45rbr_trk__77375.1289131468.1280.1280.jpg

RoadJunkie

With the tiny fuel capacity of the Ford short bed, I opted for the 50 gallon mid ship replacement tank. This was a better solution for me because I need full use of the truck bed. But, I almost went for the low profile in-bed unit. Either way, it's great to have the range that limits fueling attached to the rig.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Jim, I installed a 40 gal auxillary tank just before we went to the Tucson Rally last winter. You will love not having to fill as often and can do so without the 5ver attached. I only had to fill 3 times during that entire trip. Enjoy, it is a great present to yourself.

As I write this my new 50 gal tank is being installed. It's my early Xmas present.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Am I the only person who cannot view the pics?

Nope . . . looks like they have been removed.

For some reason it seems that iPhone photos always post sideways or upside down.

Most especially if they are shot with the phone vertical.

I've never had this happen with my android phones.

I had a Transfer Flow 50 Gal. replacement tank installed in my 2012 F350. Had it done at their factory in Chico California. Amazing customer service. I would recommend them to anyone interested in having a larger tank installed.

Oregon_Camper

I thought that maybe the installation was easier with the truck hanging upside down. :)

Comments like that make me want to grab my cooler of beer and a chair and sit down at your campfire. I have a feeling there would be full on belly laughs in no time. :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Nope . . . looks like they have been removed.

I've never had this happen with my android phones.

Unfortunately I have had some picture posting sideways with my android phone but not all the time. Strange how this sometimes works and sometimes don't.

teasac69

I had a Transfer Flow 50 Gal. replacement tank installed in my 2012 F350. Had it done at their factory in Chico California. Amazing customer service. I would recommend them to anyone interested in having a larger tank installed.

I second the comment about Transfer Flow service and add their stuff is very high quality. I have a 75 gallon posted for sale and hate to get rid of it, just can't use in my new truck. I'm dealing on a 75 automatic transfer tank and ready to deal.

These guys have one of the few that is recognized by most states DOT for acceptable or safe. They will not leak in a roll over and transfer is fool proof with no worries to monitor.

jam20ster

+1 RDS 60 gallon Aux Transfer Tank.

Now I roll with 96 gallons. Sure is nice not having to worry about fuel.